The 2016 Benfti hype list (blokes we might actally draft!)

Watched the Willie highlights with great expectations but it passed right over my head. 3 goals from frees vs Glenelg, a kick off the ground in the square and a nice bit of play where he leads a thick backman under the ball and doubles back. Are there better examples of his craft and skills anywhere? On the basis of the highlights, a speculative late rookie pick...maybe. What I am I failing to see here? I'm more than willing to be corrected.

That was highlights of just one game, more will crop up the closer we get to the draft. He is very much main draft quality. Won’t last past 3rd round imo

I got it way wrong last year suggesting I could see more potential in Long than Tippa.

But this year I am well and truly backing benfti and getting on board the Rioli train.

#RecruitRioli

For what it’s worth, if we were to cut Dempsey loose I am 100% sure between Jake, Walla and Willie they could create a great culture amongst all those guys. Tiwi @ Tulla

Ezekiel Frank is a hell of a name.

The sausage prophet

He tells it as it is

I got it way wrong last year suggesting I could see more potential in Long than Tippa.

But this year I am well and truly backing benfti and getting on board the Rioli train.

#RecruitRioli

As much as Tippa is awesome, I don’t think you need to say you were wrong yet…

#RecruitRioli

As much as Tippa is awesome, I don’t think you need to say you were wrong yet…

I agree with this.

I think he will still take another season or so, but boy he has shown signs of being like his Dad.

Big Footy’s Knightmare still reckons that Rioli is a late/rookie option. Pick 68 might do it.

Big Footy's Knightmare still reckons that Rioli is a late/rookie option. Pick 68 might do it.
He hasn't updated since the state screening where he tested really well. Trust me, since Cyril, Riolis increase value Leading up to the draft. 3rd round at the latest.
Big Footy's Knightmare still reckons that Rioli is a late/rookie option. Pick 68 might do it.
He hasn't updated since the state screening where he tested really well. Trust me, since Cyril, Riolis increase value Leading up to the draft. 3rd round at the latest.

Shifter reckons he could go late first round. If he’s there at 41 we take him, surely!

I would not be angry if we grabbed him with the hibbo pick

Starting to feel like it’s Anthony Long all over again.

No need to overpay. If we get beaten to him, there are plenty of other Benfti specials to choose from. How many blokes have been picked up in the top 40 that didn’t get enough interest to get an invite to the draft combine?

Starting to feel like it's Anthony Long all over again.

No need to overpay. If we get beaten to him, there are plenty of other Benfti specials to choose from. How many blokes have been picked up in the top 40 that didn’t get enough interest to get an invite to the draft combine?

2 last year (Brayden Sier and Marcus Adams).

Shifter reckons he could go late first round. If he’s there at 41 we take him, surely!

Start putting the word in!

I would not be angry if we grabbed him with the hibbo pick

That is just what we should do. Assuming Benfti's opinion is correct, we should not risk another Rioli dropping down to our pick in the next round. Didn't work for Cyril and if Willie is as good as Ben thinks, it's unlikely to work this time.

Oh… very nice piece of research… more than I thought.

perhaps i was wr… wr… wr

Oh… very nice piece of research… more than I thought.

perhaps i was wr… wr… wr

In your defense, there were none in the two years prior to that. Which I didn’t mention so as to be snarkier.

different set of circumstances, most mature ages seem to not get combine invites, state screening. Plus Rioli has exposed senior level form, a lot of the opinions on clubs that would be interested would have been formed well before the combine. In situations with guys like him, it only takes a couple of clubs to show interest and suddenly all the other clubs start fretting they will miss out and the price begins to climb.

He is very good Sam, any price from the second round is a bargain.

What were his results at the state screening

What were his results at the state screening
Not sure, but it was more about what they were compared to what they where 2 years ago that got people talking.

Looks like Willie Rioli cites Tippa as one of his biggest inspirations. He commented on the latest Tippa article on Facebook saying as much.

Hey Benfti, just a friendly reminder that you haven’t yet updated the front post as you promised.

I only bring it up to show I care. :#