The 2022 Cricket Thread officially here (Part 3)

CA cancelled all media conferences for the players and the media are saying that they have been told to not post anything on social media.

The only one I’ve heard publicly back him to the hilt was Cam Green.

2 Likes

Joe Burns, is the only one, who played under Langer the least. Yet still made mention of his ‘intensity’ and ‘crazy stare’ so there’s that. I know that most of the WA boys love him, bar perhaps Richardson.

1 Like

How embarrassing.

CA come out of this sorry episode looking as sad and sorry as they should be. Their course of action has been a complete and utter disgrace. Langer’s letter of resignation shows the class of the man. Should he have remained on as coach? Simply he couldn’t, his position had become untenable. The 6 month contract extension offer was nothing more than an insult, and l have only contempt for the person who dreamed that up.

Would Langer still be a coach in the AFL with his style of management. I doubt it.

1 Like

We haven’t heard one example of his management yet.

I don’t even know how anyone could answer that.

Maybe 20 years ago but certainly not now, not in any industry really. That he even lasted 4 years is kind of astonishing since there were already cracks appearing from day dot to that tour of the UAE.

Speaking of, at least we know somewhere Matt Renshaw is smiling very broadly and that makes me happy.

They just won they Ashes 4-0, nearly had it 5-0, and the T20 World Cup.

They also offered him another contract, which he turned down.

Tbh, i’d rather Renshaw actually do something with his talent than laugh at a coach losing his job.

5 Likes

Clarko?

Not beating England 5-0 was an underperformance, really.

And Langer was not the catalyst for Australias recent form anyway, players credit him taking a back seat to McDonald & Di Venuto, but we’ve been over this many times and some still don’t understand that.

The last of them, but only because he is/was so good he could/can get away with it but I reckon even he’s mellowed.

You’re talking out your ■■■■, and nobody believes you.

2 Likes

These are the facts. But keep believing whatever you want and cheerleading JL. When he is coach of England you can support them.

Are they the facts though…

Who are giving you these ‘facts’??

1 Like

If they win it is the players, if they lose it is the coach. That’s what keeps getting peddled.

2 Likes

CA have to be very careful here to not over correct too much and get someone who is simply a “yes man” and who is all about coddling the players and telling them how great they are and making them feel good.

England did that with Silverwood, and to an extent Bayliss.

Good to hear, we need to keep him playing long form. @Aceman will be pleased I imagine.

"Aussie Test hero Travis Head will miss the first three matches of Australia’s five-game T20I series against Sri Lanka in order to play for South Australia in the Sheffield Shield from Wednesday.

Head’s withdrawal has paved the way for all-rounder Daniel Sams to join the squad ahead of the first match at the SCG on February 11.

Named man of the series in Australia’s 4-0 Ashes romp, Head looked likely to play his first T20I in almost 3½ years in the first match against Sri Lanka.

Instead, he will reunite with his international teammates for the fourth and fifth games to be played in Melbourne.

According to a Cricket Australia spokesperson, the move was “pre-planned and confirmed when the revised Marsh Sheffield Shield dates were released on Friday”."

2 Likes