The 2023 Draft Thread

ive been an early adopter of the nick watson bandwagon. we need a jamie elliot elite level small forward

3 Likes

2024 forwardline
hf Munkara Weideman VOSS
f: Wanganeen Wright Davey
int: Stringer Walla Perkins

Do we really need Watson

He will be better than all of those small forwards.

3 Likes

All or any?

BRING

2 Likes

So who won the game, that was getting exciting and then it just stopped.

BTW if we don’t draft him I know who my new most hated player will be.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Will be hated by opponents!

1 Like

I’m on the bandwagon, but not convinced he’s for us due to the shape of our list.

Will Lorenz would be perfect for our midfield group and he’d add another oakleigh charger to the list

One I’ll be keeping a keen eye on in '23 is a WA kid called Koltyn Tholstrup. Played a bang and crash style of high half forward this season as a bottom ager for WA. If he proves himself in the middle in 23 he could be a powerful and damaging mid/fwd.

We still desperately need some punchable head annoying types at the club.

Missed the boat this draft as all our boys seem nice.

I want the guy every other supporters fan base will hate.

Kind of like Kyle Reimers but a much better footballer.

4 Likes

And not actually a really ■■■■ bloke

Ahem

I reckon that’s what Watson will end up being. He’s going to get a lot of high contact free kicks, just due to his height and the way he attacks the ball. It’s going to annoy the ■■■■ out of opposition supporters. I get the feeling he’s got a bit of showmanship about him, too, which helps.

I can see it now… Dying stages of a close game, he collects the ball and just slightly leans into a tackle. Whistle. Free kick 35 metres out, 45 degree angle. Drills it straight through the middle as the siren sounds and proceeds to celebrate like a wanker/little champion (depending on your perspective), getting into the faces of the opposition fans.

3 Likes

@THE_DON1

THIS IS YOUR MOST IMPOSSIBLE MISSION. YOU HAVE LESS THAN 12 MONTHS TO GET US HARLEY REID. FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.

Mission Impossible Self Destruct GIF - Mission Impossible Self Destruct GIFs

3 Likes

Tasmania will kill available talent @ 2024/25 drafts.

3 Likes

We need to prep heavily for this so we dont get KO’d like we did last expansion cycle

3 Likes

I can’t wait for 2023, so people can say next year’s draft is stronger. Then everyone can suggest to trade picks from 2023 for 2024. :sob:

1 Like

I am wary of the taller top ranked players for 2023 one year out - We saw how the top rated talls pre-season 2022 fell away during the season.

1 Like