The Beer Thread

When I'm back in the country next Feb, I'm super keen to try Pirate Life. I've heard that their Pale Ale and 2IPA are the business. Anyone tried them?

Work with one of the investors, so have had a fair bit over the past 6 months. IPA is a little hoppier than other pale ales, but goes down very nicely.

IIPA is an absolute brute of a beer, find it pretty overpowering

When I'm back in the country next Feb, I'm super keen to try Pirate Life. I've heard that their Pale Ale and 2IPA are the business. Anyone tried them?

Work with one of the investors, so have had a fair bit over the past 6 months. IPA is a little hoppier than other pale ales, but goes down very nicely.

IIPA is an absolute brute of a beer, find it pretty overpowering

Yeah, IIPA is a tricky style to get right. Iā€™m not up for having my palate destroyed, and often the bitterness just masks imperfections. Iā€™d take a standard IPA any day of the week.

This will knock your socks off

Oh wait - 56 bottles is for two batches not one?

Yep. That was two brew vats worth. Will just keep it rolling with one brew every 2 or 3 weeks now.

Coopers pale or sparkling on tap.

Two classics. Taste still stand up against any of the new beers.

This will knock your socks off

Awesome.

Yep. That was two brew vats worth. Will just keep it rolling with one brew every 2 or 3 weeks now.

Iā€™ve resolved not to start drinking my beers until theyā€™ve had 8 weeks in the bottle. Time and again, that seems to be (roughly) the magic amount of time for a noticeable ā€˜betternessā€™. Iā€™m not sure that I can hold myself back from ā€˜tastingā€™ it earlier thoughā€¦

Iā€™ve resolved not to start drinking my beers until theyā€™ve had 8 weeks in the bottle. Time and again, that seems to be (roughly) the magic amount of time for a noticeable ā€˜betternessā€™. Iā€™m not sure that I can hold myself back from ā€˜tastingā€™ it earlier thoughā€¦

Agree on both fronts.

Given that I drink a lot less beer than I used to in the halcyon days Iā€™m guessing there still should be a decent amount left by the 8 week stage.

The one on the right is my son. Very proud of what they have created with this brewery and bar. Check it out

Going to try Peroni and Sol Beer for the first timeā€¦ Which is the better? Peroni or Sol?

Peron Red if you can get it. Sol is watered down Corona, which is saying something.

Peron Red if you can get it. Sol is watered down Carona, which is saying something.

Yeah good call Gillsy. Sol is a bit of a different drop but if itā€™s a real hot day they go down like waters.

Had a few cans of HobGoblins tonight, not sure what I think of them, bit of a strange drop. Been one of those Christmas Eves. Merry Christmas Blitzers.

This beer just changed someoneā€™s life

Had a **** of a day.

Went to get some BBQ, at this place called Kustom Komune in Collingwood, which I thought was a BBQ joint, turns out its this retro motorbike workshop for members only. They didnā€™t have BBQ, ****! but the bloke just hands me a cold beer and says to hang around, the beers are free and itā€™s a charity event for some sick kids in another part of the world.

Happy days, I donate some moolah, chat to a few of the mechanics, check out the cafe racers and eat elsewhere. Life ainā€™t too bad.

Hopefully some poor kid gets a bit of a helping hand.

Went here on the weekend - newsteadbrewing.com.au/

Had the Golden Ale, Amber Ale and the Porter. All very good - canā€™t wait to get back there and try more of their range.

Brisbane people - I highly recommend a visit.

Incoming! - itā€™s worth the drive

Try Green Beacon too, its just around the corner

Back in town next week and one thing Iā€™m doing is grabbing as many great Aussie/NZ craft beers as possible to take back to Japan for tastings with my American, Canadian, and British friends. Boatrocker, Pirate Life, Moon Dog, Liberty, Panhead, and 8 Wired are all high priorities.

I plan to drink a stack while Iā€™m there too, and visit Boatrocker Barrel Room in Braeside. Has anyone taken a trip out there? They tap some truly world-class beers.

Thoughts the japs had some good beers?

Went here on the weekend - newsteadbrewing.com.au/

Had the Golden Ale, Amber Ale and the Porter. All very good - canā€™t wait to get back there and try more of their range.

Brisbane people - I highly recommend a visit.

Incoming! - itā€™s worth the drive

Not because I read your post as such, but I happened to check it out yesterday. Tried the IPA and the Amber Ale. I thought they were both mediocre. Disinclined to give them another go. I am disappoint.

p.s. i know why itā€™s called newstead now. The people hanging out there can afford to buy a new steed every week.