The Beer Thread

That’s a fantastic beer. Alas I’m o/s and can’t help. Just had their Ola Dubh 12 the other night.

1 Like

I must be reading something wrong. Beer Cartel have it listed at $140.99 a single bottle?

*edit - i think it’s for 12 but they don’t have 12 left and it wont let me select a single.

Yeah, that would have to be for 12.

Every so often a little La Sirène shows up in Japan. This time just one small online store that stocks good stuff got some cans in. Not sure where else got any. I pounced.

4 Likes

I saw these at my local the other day. Let us know how they go.

I’ve had Urban Pale before and loved it. Right up my alley.

1 Like

And washing down my meal posted in the other thread with a couple of these sneaky cans.

Not bad! Gotta hide the evidence at the bottom of the recycling bin though.

1 Like

Haha, glad to know I’m not the only one.

1 Like

I love the Kaiju. Great summer drink.

Has anybody tried Founders Porter? Drinking one right now and it’s ■■■■■■ amazing. You have to like flavour though. Brewed in Michigan. Got it from a little beer store at the South Melbourne market for $7.50. Highly recommend.

1 Like

Yes, another stellar porter! Their Breakfast Stout is maybe my all-time favourite beer and they’re one of my favourite brewers. They nail pretty much every dark beer they put out. Big dark roasty beasts.

2 Likes

I didn’t like furphy either

Definitely one of the better dark beers i’ve had lately.

1 Like

Now i’m drinking a Deschutes Black Butte Porter. Another really good beer. Should have had it before the Founders because it’s a lot lighter (wasn’t planning on having a second). Not as good as the founders but still definitely worth a look. From same shop at South Melbourne Market.

1 Like

Amarillo galaxy IPA. Queensland brew. Very nice!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Mine was out of whack. I went big stouts to IPAs.

1 Like

La Sirene Praline Belgian Chocolate Ale. You are welcome.

Yep. That’s a beauty!

Was an epic day at Portsea pub. Even though I wasn’t wearing boat shoes, a polo shirt with a popped collar and a fake tan, I did enjoy a beer.

https://i.imgur.com/BqyeGb4_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

4 Likes