The Beer Thread

I used to get excited by the old Cooper’s home brew kits when they were ready for sampling. Yours sound insane!

All grain FTW!

We started out on extract cans and dry hop additions. The difference in quality from an All Grain brew is huge. Freshness of the ingredients and no oxidisation is the key thing. The ingredients are guaranteed fresh and you get the best version of them coming through the brew.

2 Likes

The 1st brew from Black IPA we bottled Friday week ago. Damn fine if I do say so myself!

5 Likes

I see Keg King springvale building up for lease! Hope they don’t stop I love that store.

I am still an extract brewer and getting into dry hopping etc .

Is all grain brewing on par dollars wise(after purchase of all grain brew gear) with extract brewing?

Am thinking of all grain as I have 8 cornies to fill :thinking:

Looks super yummy!

Is there a great Spanish beer?

The one I had today, Estrella and Something else were ok but not great

Hey @choppsuey, where do you get your different recipes from, I am interested to try some different beers but I am limited to kits at the moment.

Is there a good website which maybe tells you what combinations of different malts etc.

Cheers

2 Likes

This is very nice! Also won best stout at the last national craft beer awards

1 Like

Any chance the guys can do something with their distro? ■■■■■■■ hard to get them down here.

Google is your friend but aside that there’s literally thousands of recipes on Brewersfriend.com and the Aussiehomebrewer forum. There’s a Brewdog recipe website, just punch it into google. Also there’s a few online stores around the country that deal in grain kits inc all your hops, yeast and recipe breakdown/running sheet. I’ve used Beerco, I can flick you a discount code if you like. Just pm if you’re interested.
Watched a great YouTube vid talking about how you go about compiling a recipe, inc all the science involved etc. can flick that through as well if you like.

And of course Beersmith. If you don’t have the app or desktop software package then just get it. Worth the money every day of the week if you’re doing grain brewing.

1 Like

I think the only Spanish craft beer I’ve had was Naparbier, they’re very good.

I’ll find out where they are on in Melbs. They are pretty flat out in Sydney. But expanding and adding more tanks soon. Just leased some extra space and built a massive cold storage facility. So more capacity all round soon. You can also purchase for m their website. Pretty sure you could do a mixed slab. Freight is only about $15 a slab. I reckon it prices ok against similar quality beer purchased at DM to be honest

Not sure about great Spanish beer but if you ever get a chance try Super Bock from Portugal. Had several every time I visited Macau when living in HK and it is SUPERB!

I went to the Barcelona vs Liverpool match last night and drank a lot of beer. It all tasted good at the time, but my head is telling me otherwise. The match was a once in a lifetime experience though.

3 Likes

Mountain Goat x Bent spoke x Two birds Belgian IPA.

Real tasty.

6 Likes

Did you just walk around the bar and pour dregs into one glass?

4 Likes

Nah. Walked across the road and put my footy tips on at the pub and enjoyed a tasty bevvy.

1 Like

Colabs for days!

Must be just about good beer week or something

1 Like