The concert and gig thread

I went to Attica and the highlight of the night for me was stepping out the back to this massive homage to Radio Birdman. Big mural covering the wall, Deniz’s guitar on display and music loud, it was awesome. Not what you’d otherwise expect at a fancy restaurant.

1 Like

What’s $85 get you at Attica? Might be worth the trade off

Not much. Probably only the first of the entrees.

Ticket prices are going crazy. Would have loved to seen the cowboy junkies but not paying $120+

Just gave a friend a CJ’s CD to take and listen to last night.

Ticket prices being ridiculous is the result of diminished album sales these days, … which, TBH, is likely the only reason we are getting to see them at all.

Also, I expect they believe a great deal of Gen X ers and /or boomers in the case of Birdman, now have the disposable income to afford it, and they are also right in the mid life crisis zone, so are lured to the chance of reliving their youth.

So many will pay it, despite the Muso’s having to be wheeled on stage and having a tenth of the energy and Vocal strength/range left of what made them successful in the first place.

Not I.

Went to see Band of Skulls a while back for $50 at the forum, great show. McClusky have reformed and are playing the Corner in Summer, … bout the same bucks. etc etc.

Lot’s of good new bands to see, that never had the chance to make big bucks like these old ones did, and need all the support they can get, so they can continue to create.,… whereas most of the old ones aren’t creating anything new, … just murdering what they made decades ago.

I prefer to listen to the records of the old bands and remember them as they were personally, and don’t see the sense of paying up those sums to see & listen to something that only vaguely resembles what I saw 30 years ago, … and just reminds me that I also, am getting old.

Fk that,

Supporting the youth is a way better investment for mine :metal:

2 Likes

Dune rats, always sound great on the radio. Toured recently, touring again.

Anyone seen them live?

I don’t think it’s either/or. I love discovering and supporting new music, but there’s nothing stopping a more mature band putting on a good show either.

Of course I won’t just go to any old band, but if they meant something to me I’ll still be on board.

1 Like

I have, but it was at laneway I think and can’t remember…

1 Like

Went here for my wife’s birthday in March, it was such a good experience. They really catered the service to the people at the table and made us feel really welcome. The food was worth every cent too.

1 Like

Good things ‘festival’ at Flemington. Farkin hate these sorts of set ups.

Hopefully bad religion play another show, but doubt it.

1 Like

The Veronica’s really don’t fit that bill.

5 Likes

simple plan/veronicas side show pls

I don’t dislike The Veronicas.

Saw Simple Plan play a freebie open air show at Whistler in 2008. They were entertaining enough. Mind you, that’s when they still played sub-Green Day/Blink 182 stuff, not the pop pap they’ve peddled for the last 10 years.

Thought you were better than this…

1 Like

wtf I been hacked.

1 Like

The best part of that lineup is the damned things. Every time I die, Anthrax and Unearth members playing sleazy rock. If they get a sideshow it’ll be fun

1 Like

ludovico einaudi

the master is coming back to the opera house

not everyones cup of tea but so rich moody full of emotion

4 Likes

Hopefully they will reschedule soon…James well being the most important thing at this stage