Will probably check this one out.

3 Likes

In February, turning back the clock.

Pennywise

• Strung Out
  • No Fun At All

The forum in Melb.

2 Likes

Got tickets for that and Chelsea Heights. Cant wait.

Still waiting for my Metallica money back!

1 Like

Took the Metallica refund and got tix for Scene and Heard in Cairns next weekend. Magic Dirt, Gyroscope, Jebediah, Wolfmother, Alex Lloyd, Sneaky Sound System and You Am I.

Should be fun. Wifey is keen for the Sneakys, I’m keen for You Am I, we’re both keen for Magic Dirt.

2 Likes

Wolfmother aint too shabby either, … & I got shouted to a Gyroscope gig at the Corner one night by our Drummer who really liked them, and I have to say, they wern’t behd, … good noize …:smirk:

Sounds like a reasonable day out, … Plenty of time for a feed and a look around while Chubby Lloyd tries to reach around to strum his Guitar too. :smile:

1 Like

I like all of them, not sure if I’ve seen gyroscope but the others at least once or 7 times…

Will there be any food left after Mr Lloyd has his lunch?

1 Like

Gyroscope, Jebediah and Wolfmother will be new for me. The others I’ve seen live and quite enjoyed*

*I don’t count SSS. Not really interested in them.

I’ve seen Jeb, and would never go again, I cannot handle the way Kevin Mitchell sings, never could.

Then I went and saw him as “Bob Evans” *same bloke under a pseudonym, . at an acoustic gig he did with Tim Rogers & Evan Dando, … and he was fantastic. You wouldn’t think it was the same dude, or same vocal chords.

I’ve never been a huge fan of the Jebs, purely because of his vox. It’s the reason I’ve never bothered seeing them live before. But who knows, he might surprise me.

2 Likes

Same here. That singing-like-he’s-got-a-peg-on-his-nose schtick was horrible. Made me feel like I’m trapped in a swarm of mosquitoes.

Never understood why he put those affectations on for Jebediah, because he doesn’t do it for his Bob Evans material. And it’s all the better for it…

I’ve never listened to this Bob Evans stuff. Might have to check it out.

Not a fan of Dylan I take it?
I’m going down to Scene & Heard in Brissie, they have replaced You Am I with the Dandy Warhols & Even, but pretty much the same line up.

lloyd cole for me in december…

hopefully get Sydney symphony orchestra with nick cave and warren ellis tomorrow …wish me luck

oh and ill throw in dita von tesse in december as well…ohh la la

So I’ve done well this year in the Meredith and Golden Plains Ballots, & got drawn for both.

I didn’t want to go to Meredith again so gave my code to a mate that always does.

Am considering Golden Plains, and will have two available to spare if anyone is keen.

PIXIES et al…

Golden Plains 2020 Lineup

PIXIES
HOT CHIP
STEREOLAB
EVELYN “CHAMPAGNE” KING + MONDO FREAKS
SLEAFORD MODS
BILL CALLAHAN
FLOORPLAN
YIRINDA
WEYES BLOOD
JOE CAMILLERI AND THE BLACK SORROWS
GENERAL LEVY
EZRA COLLECTIVE
ELECTRIC FIELDS
CIVIC
J. McFARLANE’S REALITY GUEST
PREQUEL
MOONCHILD SANELLY
INJURY RESERVE
BANANAGUN
SLIM SET
PARSNIP
C.FRIM
SIMONA CASTRICUM
DJ SPRINKLES
MWANJÉ
SAMPA THE GREAT

Golden Plains 2020

March 7-9, 2020
Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre, Victoria

Golden Plains Fourteen tickets are $406 (inclusive of booking fee).

The ticket price includes all camping and parking, and gives you access to the full two days and two nights of Golden Plains, plus a sleep-in and late check out on the third day.

Only one type of ticket is sold to Golden Plains and it gets you Saturday morning to Monday lunchtime at the event. Saturday gates open at 8am and live music starts at 2pm in the afternoon.

Read more at https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/the-golden-plains-2020-lineup-is-here-featuring-pixies-more/#6G382WCT1Mm7bWd8.99

1 Like

That lineup is actually pretty decent! I entered the ballot, so will see how I am doing moneywise over the summer uni break!

Currently have tickets to see Mac Demarco, City and Colour and RVG!

Would love to see New Order as well, but was pretty exxy and sold out very quickly.

new order without p hook isnt new order seen them in there prime and without and it doesnt have that correct sound

1 Like

Sort of get that. I saw them without hook up at the opera house a few years back. But they were still good and I enjoyed it.

For similar reasons now that I’ve seen pixies with Kim deal , I’m never seeing them without her.

3 Likes

I saw Dead Kennedy’s without Jello Biafra. I genuinely loved it.

As much as Jello was an amazing front man, turns out he might’ve actually be a complete ■■■■.

2 Likes