The concert and gig thread

Legite rockers are Parkway. Not exactly my type but my eldest boy losses his ■■■■ for them so Ive taken notice. Thumbs up from me as the new gen of hard ■■■■ metal..extra points for being Aussies and from all accounts cool dudes to boot.

Iirc they’re all straight edge (no alcohol or drugs) so probs not the worst roll models at least lol
Though given they’re from Byron a little surprising they’re all not massive pot heads haha

Winston and Ben are straight edge (like a lot of the hardcore scene).
Jeff and Luke dont mind a beer or three but aren’t what I’d call ■■■■ heads.
Unsure about Jai

So is Jai … or so I’ve heard.

*May not be true.

Slowhand’s birthday today. Clapton turns 71, not sure how he made this far, but glad that he is still around. l have seen him in concert 7 times, and l would go a long way to see him again.

HB slowhand.
One of the very best. Saw him here in Melbourne in the 80’s.

Slowhand's birthday today. Clapton turns 71, not sure how he made this far, but glad that he is still around. l have seen him in concert 7 times, and l would go a long way to see him again.
The original '■■■■■■ face while doing solo lead breaks', so I'm lead to believe from his ex girlfriends.

what you can’t write O R G A S M??

If I was offered tickets at a reasonable rate I would attention an axel rose headed ac dc. If his voice is in good nick and he’s not a complete ■■■■ stick he’s as close to an ideal replacement as you’d get.
This is not a jd fortune moment.

I trust they at least asked Katy Perry?

I trust they at least asked any random girl with big cans who can't sing?

Fixed.

If I was offered tickets at a reasonable rate I would attention an axel rose headed ac dc. If his voice is in good nick and he's not a complete ■■■■ stick he's as close to an ideal replacement as you'd get. This is not a jd fortune moment.

It’s just for the USA tour isn’t it?

Either way, I’ll be happy just to see it on YouTube just for curiosity. Axl will probably blow out his voice after 3 shows anyway

I trust they at least asked Katy Perry?

Only because Susan Boyle wasn’t happy with the rider

1 Like
If I was offered tickets at a reasonable rate I would attention an axel rose headed ac dc. If his voice is in good nick and he's not a complete ■■■■ stick he's as close to an ideal replacement as you'd get. This is not a jd fortune moment.

It’s just for the USA tour isn’t it?

Either way, I’ll be happy just to see it on YouTube just for curiosity. Axl will probably blow out his voice after 3 shows anyway

And blow out his septum after 2 …

Axels all about smokin the reefer.

Went to Black Sabbath last night.

A couple of firsts for me…

1. First time I’ve ever seen Sabbath live and WOW!!!..just farkin’ WOW!!!.

Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler are amazing together. These two thrive in a live environment.

Their drummer is an absolute animal behind the skins and his drum solo was a brilliant highlight of the night.

Ozzy sounded a hell of a lot better than expected, and despite shuffling around the stage like a half drunk nanna, absolutely killed it.

1. First time for me at Rod Laver Arena for a major concert and was blown away at the sound quality in the venue.

There were no muddy sound mixes or reverberations which can give you ringing in the ears or even headaches, often for days on end after an event.

Just crystal-clear sound all round. Great experience.

Great crowd too. Absolutely went off all night without any sign of agro.

A special mention must go to their support act Rival Sons who tore it up too. Great to hear that old style southern blues type metal too, a bit of a throwback to late eighties/early nineties hard rock that The Cult do so well.

After being there last night I just can’t wait to see Maiden in three weeks time there too…

Bring on Maiden!!!

I saw sabbeth there a couple a years ago.not surprised you enjoyed it billy.

Sorry I missed it on the strength of that.

They must have dealt with Rod Laver then too … haven’t been for a while, and one of the main reasons for that was that the sound was atrocious if you weren’t within the stage boundaries.

Might reconsider.

Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler are amazing together. These two thrive in a live environment.

Their drummer is an absolute animal behind the skins and his drum solo was a brilliant highlight of the night.

Ozzy sounded a hell of a lot better than expected, and despite shuffling around the stage like a half drunk nanna, absolutely killed it.

1. First time for me at Rod Laver Arena for a major concert and was blown away at the sound quality in the venue.

There were no muddy sound mixes or reverberations which can give you ringing in the ears or even headaches, often for days on end after an event.

A special mention must go to their support act Rival Sons who tore it up too. Great to hear that old style southern blues type metal too, a bit of a throwback to late eighties/early nineties hard rock that The Cult do so well.

After being there last night I just can’t wait to see Maiden in three weeks time there too…

Bring on Maiden!!!

Can confirm, Sabbath were awesome last night. Sound quality was fantastic and they can still put on a great show.

Highly recommended.

Sorry I missed it on the strength of that.

They must have dealt with Rod Laver then too … haven’t been for a while, and one of the main reasons for that was that the sound was atrocious if you weren’t within the stage boundaries.

Might reconsider.

I was sitting to the direct right of stage in the middle concourse of seats and the sound was fine. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the sound quality there.

I’m comparing Rod Laver to the now defunct Perth Burswood Superdome during the nineties and early noughties. That was a nightmare venue for sound quality which had never seemed to be rectified each time I went to a concert there despite constant complaints about it.

Bring on Maiden!!!

l have seen Black Sabbath twice, and was unimpressed both times. The first time was at the Myponga music festival, down past Victor Harbour, south of Adelaide in early 1971. They were the headline act, understandably. They did a series of sound checks throughout the day, IIRC 3. Kept other bands waiting while they tooled around for 15 0 20 minutes each time, no whole numbers played. They played Saturday night. By the time they were halfway through their set, l had heard enough. I was also dead tired as l had hitched over from Melbourne non stop the day before, to find a local mate who l talked into going as well. l laid down and went to sleep, 20 mts from the stage dead in front.

The second time was at Kooyong a couple of years later. Mid - Saturday afternoon, after a light storm. Plenty of wind blowing. After half a dozen numbers l realized l was yawning, and l wasn’t tired this time, it was them, boring as.

I got 2 tickets to Supersuckers at Cherry Bar Saturday for this night.

If anyone’s interested please send me a PM. Just hoping to recoup the original cost.