The concert and gig thread

What venue is that?

I’m going to Margaret court to see bad religion (no pun intended) and dreading the size of the place…

1 Like

John Cain Arena it was

1 Like

I was/will be his torso

I know the back-catalogue is always going to take up the bulk of the set, and not leave much room for “Pixies mark II” material, but I’ve quite enjoyed their second coming and would’ve liked a track or two from Head Carrier and (especially) Beneath The Eyrie. The scant representation from Bossanova is quarrlesome too…

Did you go?

No, I was going to get tickets then kinda forgot about it (I’ve seen them before).
In the end, getting Covid meant I wouldn’t have been able to go anyway…

Fair chance I’ve caught covid from the gig I reckon. Nervously waiting.

1 Like

I can see me!

This was my spot

1 Like

Going to any event with people in a confined space is a crap-shoot these days. I still mask-up going to the supermarket and on the train (for the one day a week that I have to venture into town for work). Fat lot of good it did me!..

Anyone else at Billy Joel tonight? Wife and I were on the floor, on the far right side. Of the two of us, she’s the fan, and I’m just the appreciative musician tagging along, but I have to say it was a pretty good time.

I will always have time for people that play, write, and perform music at the highest level and surround themselves with professionals.

3 Likes

I was there and it was brilliant. What a great show. These older performers just know how to do it.

1 Like

Trying to make it a point of seeing these artists while I still can. For me, many of them represent what was the first music that I remember being “new”, or at least current at that time.

Try as I might, I just can’t get the same enthusiasm for those near my own age, or younger.

1 Like

I’m happy enough to keep going to some of the 80’s bands until they give me a good reason not to.
No one does big stadium like 80’s and early 90’s performers.

1 Like

I’m also too young to have seen a lot of them in their prime, but if these folks can still bring it in their 60s or 70s, then I don’t care. Most of them can.

1 Like

Anyone see Alex Turner’s Bryan Ferry impersonation at the Myer Music Bowl last night? The new stuff was a bit loungey but Arctic Monkeys still have so many good tracks the crowd loved.

1 Like

Noice one, going along tonight, should be a good’n!

Same venue, same support, different headliner as not too long ago too!

1 Like

Seeing Garage Rock legend, Ty Segall next week and i’m pretty excited!

5 Likes

She who must be obeyed is taking me to see Elton tonight. Hunter Valley wineries tomorrow!!

2 Likes

Gonna be mega, great venue for it too

1 Like

I went on Friday night in Melbourne. I wouldn’t have considered myself an Elton fan, but that was one awesome concert and I loved it. You can’t help getting sucked in with all the big hits and the fact that you’re seeing an icon for the last time (probably not last time, but it get right at the time).

Enjoy.

2 Likes