In memoriam. Australian Journalism. Judd Wept

Bevan says if the partner had been a bloke, they would have still run the story.

• if he were not a celeb or household name?

Wilson’s partner is a fashion designer, not a celeb or influencer, not a household name here, lives in California.

Whoever associates with Wilson will attract news, especially a new partner - Rebel Wilson and her PR team saturate the print/online media with stories from all angles - It was a strange article, but i would argue there have been a few strange articles about Wilson.

Bevan Shields is the same idiot that told his staff to write that the Sydney train shutdown in Feb was a strike, despite being told it wasn’t a strike and pushing the strike angle regardless

6 Likes
1 Like

You’ve never used the word “hefty”?

legacy media have a massive hate-boner for her because of the defo claim she won against some shtrag a while back.

they see her as a threat to their existence that must be held to account.

whereas to the rest of australia, she’s just that chick who was in that thing, you know the one.

-edit- this whole thing adds some serious weight heft to my “nuke sydney” campaign

1 Like

It’s NEVER a good day when Rebel Wilson is the centre of attention.

Complete no-talent, who’s capitalised on being prepared to be the butt of jokes about her weight, and now doesn’t even have that to fall back on. She’s almost unrecognisable these days.

@wimmera1 another version of the apology

1 Like

Heartfelt apology, that!

It was said she was outed by 2 gay men, which made it even more unforgivable. I assume Hornery was one of those.

I actually have no problem with that.
I’m sure it’s accurate.
I don’t condone…no, I’m against…online stalking or abuse.

Yeah the editor and the journo are both gay. You would think they would know better, but muck sells and they are in the muck business. The backlash from within the LGBTQI+ community will be harsh (deservedly so).

Irony that he is complaining about trolls demanding to be heard

A no talent who has successfully starred and made $millions from TV and movies.

Guess it must have been just good luck.

Good luck to Rebel, she is now an International name, massive followers, the story even got picked up in the Hindustan Times. Bollywood next?
Lol Liz Lukin dumping on journos, in particular Nick McKenzie for their favourite trick - giving someone 6Qs to answer by 5pm, if not answered, story goes to print.

I don’t find her funny at all and don’t like her acting but obviously many do so good luck to her. Would be a pretty boring world if we all liked the same thing

2 Likes

Yep I don’t find the movies funny and have no real view on her. But she has made the most of her talents.

I wonder how her “talents” will be represented now, or have they disappeared with the 40 or so kilos. Without being a student of her work, it appeared that she was happy to be the butt of fat jokes…and bugger-all else.

1 Like

Tonight’s 4 Corners covers the abduction and murder of Milly Dowler, the case that brought down News of the World and gave Murdoch a bloody nose…one that he should never have recovered from, because News Corp should have been shut down.

7 Likes

They skirted around the issue until the end: this will end up as “clickbait on steroids”.

1 Like