The Dog Thread

Do you live on a through road? If in a court ask a neighbour two doors down and put it in their yard and the night that you have an incident check the footage for someone going past and then coming back a couple of minutes later. If not what about the house opposite, as long as it is in range to trip the camera.

nope not on a court and whilst I have made friends with several neighbours, not many of them have CCTV.

Aldi are selling a wildlife camera from Sat March 16.

And as it is not particularly camouflaged, you can distract them with a novelty camping lantern.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4JACJ9M9oM/?igsh=bTVpdDhmbzg2MnFh

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Australian Shepherd takes the top prize at Crufts 2024.

2 Likes

Ohhhh please link

Edit:

3 Likes

8 Likes

My girl as a Disney cartoon character

IMG_1256

4 Likes

That’s an “Australian Shepherd” ?? With all that fluffy chest fur ?

Okay…

1 Like

No ….my dog is an American Staffordshire Terrier !!

I know. But I meant the one that you linked to, that won best in show at Crufts.

1 Like

Sorry my bad @percebushby :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

The breed was developed in California, partly from working collies sent from Australia in the 1800s, hence the name.

2 Likes

That breed has nothing to do with Australia. Was it bred by Warner Bros ?

Labradors were developed in England but named after where some of the dogs involved came from. Irish Wolfhounds were “recreated” in England using mostly Great Danes and Scottish Deerhounds.

1 Like

Actually, that’s a common misconception about Labradors - they weren’t named after Labrador in Canada - in fact they didn’t even come from there, but from Newfoundland. The 3rd Earl of Malmesbury gave them that name around 1840 to distinguish them from the larger Newfoundland breed. In fact, the Labrador was a Portuguese Water Dog which had been brought by Portuguese ships fishing the Newfoundland coast around 1500. The name comes from the Portuguese “lavrador”, which means “labourer.” (I’ve been involved with labradors for most of my life - I’m passionate about them.)

3 Likes

A telemarketer rang and asked to speak to, “Whoever runs the household.” So l passed the phone to my dog.

3 Likes