The Dog Thread

Rocky looks dog tired.

4 Likes

Any progress with the barking?

1 Like

She has been a little better last couple of walks. I think itā€™s the excitement of going for a walk so the more we walk her hopefully she will get used to it. She was doing the same in the car so I took her with me every day to drop my son off at school in the mornings. The more I take her the quieter she seems to be getting. Iā€™m also shooshing her as well.

6 Likes

One of our dogs has been taking things from the kids rooms and tearing it up usually cards, books anything like that. Today it was a sticker pack. I came out of the room this morning to this. Was wondering if anyone can tell who the guilty party is. You donā€™t need to be a detective for this one hahaha.

13 Likes

It looks like Rocky stuck them on Coco :laughing:

6 Likes

Hahaha

How good is this video.

11 Likes

hanging out with Flossie and Gus again. They had a pupcup at the dog park this morning, and enjoyed it immensely!

14 Likes

Adorable !!! Pup cups :ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

13 Likes

Since Iā€™ve been doing my long daily walks around the local streets, Iā€™m amazed at the number of barkersā€™ eggs Iā€™ve had to dodge around.

There are either many dogs roaming free (havenā€™t seen any) or a lot of owners canā€™t be bothered/just donā€™t care about picking up after their pooches. I fear itā€™s the latter.

4 Likes

Is my computer reading what I post on Blitz?

8 Likes

A few times Iā€™ve seen dogs imitating the Qantas roo as I drive past. The owners stand with a poo bag in their hand and watch as the cars go by. Look in the mirror and see them put the bag away and walk off leaving it on the nature strip.

Our little friends Slinky came to us in feb as a foster pup, he was found alone in an outback community.
Slinky grew to trust us, revealing he had an infectious little personality, very cheeky and sassy!

Yesterday my wife and I got to send the little legend on his 1st ever plane ride, to start his new life in southern WA with a new family.
This was our 8th successful foster dog, and itā€™s still a hugely rewarding experience.

If you donā€™t have the time to commit full time to a pooch, please consider lending a hand to shelter dogs and organisations such as Safe or similar groups. Thereā€™s many great dogs that need and deserve a chance, as well as brightening up your life

18 Likes

Very startled person suddenly appears at the edge of a footy oval, a mobile phone in one hand, a sandwich in the other.

ā€œWhaā€¦.ā€ They glance around frantically
Before them a shortish, skinnyish, dapperish gentleman sporting a leather-elbowed jacket, slacks and a jauntily angled and feathered hat.

ā€œHey thereā€!
Gentleman smiles a toothy sharp smile.

ā€œWhat didā€¦how am I hereā€¦who the ā– ā– ā– ā–  are youā€¦???ā€ stammers the apparent lunch-breaker.

ā€œYou donā€™t know meā€¦but Iā€™m pretty sure we have a few more appointments to get through over the next few days. Anyway ā€“ Iā€™mā€¦. DogShit God. The masses have asked for me, and here I am, doing my dogshit duties. That, right there (points to grassy patch and pile of rather large and sodden dogshit) is Poppyā€™s dogshit. Your Poppyā€™s dogshit. You, are going to dispose of that dogshit in the proper manner. You have 20 minutes. Failure to do so will result in you re-appearing in the vicinity of Poppyā€™s dogshit. This will go on forever, until your job is done. All clear?ā€

ā€œ Wait ā€“ thatā€™s not my dogshitā€¦and if it was ā– ā– ā– ā–  youā€¦you canā€™t make me do anythingā€¦Iā€™m goingā€¦ā€

ā€œBe my guestā€, sighs the dapper gentleman Dogshit God. "But it wonā€™t help youā€¦ā€¦ 18 minutesā€

ā€œBut I donā€™t have a poo-bag!ā€ wails Poppyā€™s owner

DogShit God smiles. ā€œWell, that may be a bit uncomfortable for you, Iā€™m sure. Oh ā€“ thereā€™s a bin about 3 minutes thatawayā€ points vaguely in the direction of a footy clubhouse. No need to thank me. Andā€¦.I must be off. Have an extremely busy schedule today ā€“ 16 minutes.ā€

ā€œI donā€™t believe in Gods!ā€ screams unfortunate Poppyā€™s owner, tearing up. ā€œI was about to go into a meeting! How do I get back???ā€

ā€œSalient question ā€“ but Iā€™m afraid thatā€™s your problem. And it will be your problem every single time you decide to leave dogshit in places where good people walk and children play. Oh, and one other thing ā€“ take care when Poppy goes on the beach. Because if you think this is bad, you donā€™t want to personally find out what happens when dogshit gets washed into the seaā€¦.cheerio! ā€“ and say hello to my good friend Wayward Garbage God when you see them!ā€

DogShit God disappears

4 Likes

Wowee!! Deckham goes postal with some pertinent advice for all poo(ch) owners.

1 Like

10 Likes

Advice needed please
Anyone own a Labrador or any dog with bad flaky skin, Iā€™ve seen so many vets and changed his diet regularly but the problem persists.
Fish oil tablets and raw eggs have been recommended, has anyone used these?

Our fellow Eddie had very dry skin, now has an egg each day and changed to kangaroo based kibble ( not chicken). One big bone per week. Heā€™s now very soft.

Also has probiotics which I think helps with itching.

However, he sheds like a ā– ā– ā– ā– .

1 Like

Our previous Black Lab had itchy and flaky skin, and the Vet was not much help. The Breeder however who has been breeding Labs for 50 years said to put a tablespoon of fish oil in morning feed for two weeks. It cleared up and we added a tea spoon each day after that and his skin was perfect.

2 Likes