The Dog Thread

I spent years in insurance and I absolutely agree, obviously you need things like car and home and insurance but there’s a lot less grey area when it comes to claiming as in most cases fault can be easily established. With pet insurance there is a lot of grey area over what would be “accidental” and “owner at fault”. I’ve heard stories about them not paying after a snake bite because the owner " allowed" the dog to approach the snake

Looks a lot like my little dog.

That’s not a dog.

1 Like

1 Like

I’m 6 hours into owning a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy. Wish me luck.

11 Likes

Wow…you don’t do things by halves!

1 Like

You realise the mountain refers to what you’re picking up after doggo??!!?? Good luck!

2 Likes

Take any expert advice on feeding them seriously

Know people with two of these monsters and they do not eat as much as you would think! And will end up a major mountain if you overfeed!

Yeah. We are being pretty careful. He’s already on the heavy side from being the biggest of the litter. Being extra cautious. First night was a lil difficult but last night he slept through.

This is our Malamute when she was 10 months old. She has been trained as a Therapy Dog, and is now about 40 kg. We feed her about 500 gms of meat and dry food each day, and she exercises a lot. Once she turns 1 year old, we have to cut the food back. She is a great dog !!

13 Likes

I have an Australian Shepherd at home and I could not recommend a breed more. She is incredibly gentle with my 2yo son and just a really nice, loving dog. She does need a fair bit of grooming and sheds like crazy a couple of times a year when her coat comes in/out for Winter but other than that they are a pretty low maintenance breed.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! We had a red female who was a beauty but (being such a bouncy dog, esp when she chased balls) she was beset with cruciate issues in her hind legs. Did one side twice, and the other once. Unsurprisingly, she suffered from chronic arthritis later in life which utlimately led to an earlier-than-ideal end. Still, even late (when the poor girl could hardly move) she was as gentle as anything with our baby daughter (less than two at the time) and never reacted badly to poking and prodding and being taken by surprise. Has to be said though, she wasn’t always great with other dogs…

All that said, when our 16 year-old Sheltie finally pegs-out, another Aussie will be high in our considerations.

1 Like

Mine is a Blue Merle, she’s actually quite chilled out for an Aussie but certainly has her moments - doesn’t mind chasing the chickens and ducks at my Mother In Law’s farm. She is very relaxed with other dogs in general but much prefers human company.

Luke Hodge double page spread in the herald sun was perfect timing for lil man’s toilet training.

6 Likes

She’s really beautiful Bacchus

The way he soaks up faeces is corageous.

3 Likes

Could you please PM me details of where you got her from? Like I said, I’m keen on another Aussie and last time was a bit of a palaver (ended up being flown down from Queensland).

3 Likes

This thread is so cute…

1 Like

Tavi at 10 weeks.

13 Likes