The end of year cannon - who should be fired into the sun?

I think people are harsh on Davey there are far worse on the list.

gumby, hille, fletcher,davey and jetta all gonski(either by retirement or delisted/trade). A cleanout should happen, some of the cargo that has been on the list for a while and not preforming, week in and week out, has to go. Performances like today and the past few weeks, hell even years, needs to be worked on. 

Some of the coaching staff might be given the heave as well..............

I think people are harsh on Davey there are far worse on the list.

Davey basically useless today.  No impact on the game.  Spent more time falling over than possessing the pill.

Just quick guys who can kick and create goals.

We’re an OK side when up, but we’ve got zero cover for either Dempsey or Winderlich, and they’re not getting younger or more durable.

Every year we have this Colonel Klink moment when they break down.

A Roberton, Goodes or Josh Hill would look really good right now.

We're an OK side when up, but we've got zero cover for either Dempsey or Winderlich, and they're not getting younger or more durable.

Creativity a must.

We do have an abundance of conservative and mid paced players on our list.

This why i think Dalgleish may just be worth a look over the next few weeks.

YEP. Thanks for bringing this up. This investigation and it's fall-out is actually going to be a huge pain in the ■■■ in regards to our ability to trade, or at least to do the preliminary schmoozing.

Thats why we may be better off writing off 2013, and from the way the boys have played for the past two weeks, it could be on the cards..... The AFL won't want us to win the flag this year, and will make sure that we don't.....

Thats why we may be better off writing off 2013, and from the way the boys have played for the past two weeks, it could be on the cards..... The AFL won't want us to win the flag this year, and will make sure that we don't.....

Maggots instructed by Vlad?????

Maggots instructed by Vlad?????

I would suspect they would get some riding instructions....

Creativity a must.

We do have an abundance of conservative and mid paced players on our list.

This why i think Dalgleish may just be worth a look over the next few weeks.

'Mid paced' is a fairly optimistic assessment. 

The problem with our midfield is that they generally all move in a very similar manner. 

There is no legitimate speed out of the middle or around the ball. Certainly there is no flair or 'x-factor' and hasn't been for a number of years. 

This is probably not going to be a popular opinion but I think TRB need to make a very serious assessement as to whether they think this list is good enough to go all the way. 

We're an OK side when up, but we've got zero cover for either Dempsey or Winderlich, and they're not getting younger or more durable.

FWIW I hope Fletch plays on but he may also call it quits, I think Licha may call it quits as well, but hope he plays on another year  

Retire or trade or delist : NLM, Jetta, Hille, Gumby, Pears, Fletch/Licha, Browne (I would keep but he  may request a trade), Davey may retire, Luke Davis, Dalgliesh, Hunter

Upgrade: Dell, Steinberg

Need urgently : class and legspeed in the midfield aka a Dayne beams type, Andrew Lovett type or Lewis Jetta or Junior Boy Cyril type maybe we should go after Gartlett, Tippa shows a bit and definitely should consider trading for Yarran  

Will re-sign: Tbel, Crameri, Hooker, Hardingham and Colyer

Free agency : would we consider Dal Santo, Cooney or Colin Sylvia ?

FWIW I hope Fletch plays on but he may also call it quits, I think Licha may call it quits as well, but hope he plays on another year  

Retire or trade or delist : NLM, Jetta, Hille, Gumby, Pears, Fletch/Licha, Browne (I would keep but he  may request a trade), Davey may retire, Luke Davis, Dalgliesh, Hunter

Need urgently : class and legspeed in the midfield aka a Dayne beams type, Andrew Lovett type or Lewis Jetta or Junior Boy Cyril type maybe we should go after Gartlett, Tippa shows a bit and definitely should consider trading for Yarran  

Pears for me is showing enough to stay....Building confidence and showing us he still has plenty to offer........Cooney maybe same for Del santo.....Gartlett id say yes

Would we have the cash even if we did?

'Mid paced' is a fairly optimistic assessment. 

The problem with our midfield is that they generally all move in a very similar manner. 

There is no legitimate speed out of the middle or around the ball. Certainly there is no flair or 'x-factor' and hasn't been for a number of years. 

This is probably not going to be a popular opinion but I think TRB need to make a very serious assessement as to whether they think this list is good enough to go all the way. 

That's not an unpopular opinion, That's what you'd be hoping that Dodoro would be doing every year. 

For the most part, our drafting over the past 5 years has been pretty solid. We now have to look at the glaring weaknesses,

which have become quite clear over the last month of football. Then we move fast and fill those spots on the list before the Jobe and BJ's shelf life runs out. Sounds simple?!

Add to the list one Andrew Lovett to give us the speed we need.

At best Gumbleton will yield a late 2nd round pick and Jetta has no value at all. Anyone suggesting otherwise has rocks in their head.

On another note id hate to be the one telling some of these guys they are no longer required - “sorry for putting you through hell this year. The way you’ve dealt with it all and the support you’ve given the club was first class. Oh, and by the way you’re no longer required”.

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone gets delisted and then goes down the litigation path.

We have a fantastic list of quality young players. We’ll make minimum changes.

Out: Hille, Lovett-Murray, Fletcher

Man, every year this thread never ceases to amuse me. "Let's get rid of 10 players, and replace them with amazing A-grade talent that is simply abundant in every draft!"

I can see Hille retiring from AFL but signing on with the VFL team. NLM might give it up. I reckon Fletcher might go one more year. Wouldn't be surprised if Winderlich or Davey call it a day as much as I wouldn't want them to.

While I don't think we should stick Jetta or Gumby in a cardboard box outside Windy Hill with a sign saying "Free to good home", we should entertain any offers we get for them.

I dunno, the scum seem to think they need a player just like Gumby, and MM seems to be over the mosquito squad and doesn't rate Duigan.

Agree. Yarran has also fallen out of favour with MM, so l wouldn't be at all surprised if he is shopped around. While he would have more currency than Gumby right now, it is also a case of needs. Caaarlton need a big marking forward and there aren't as many of them around to be had. Besides we owe them big time for Murphy, Allen and Camporeale.

Can't understand the Davey nomination at all.

It took about 5 mins yesterday for it to show how his defensive pressure and chase has been missed.  add to that he kicks goals (normally) and leads to good positions. If he's wanting to play on keep him!