THE FINAL TEAM - rd 6 vs Dees

Looking forward to this game

Really exciting team;

Green, Orazio, Tipa, Gleeson, McGrath, McKenna, Colyer etc

Good too see Benny and TBell back too

I donā€™t like going into this match without Paddy Ambrose.
I know they donā€™t exactly have an imposing tall forward contingent at present but I just feel so much safer knowing heā€™s there and he will shut out whoever he is on.

It is both promising (for the future) and concerning (for this game) that we have now 3 small defenders who are in the team mainly because they provide run and carry and good kicking out of the backline. I have a reasonable confidence in the defensive ability of McGrath (based on exposed form) and McNiece (based on one game), and a big question mark against Connor at this stage.
They are complemented today by Gleeson and Dea, with Gleeson being a poor manā€™s version of an attacking HBF and not really performing in that role. For mine he is a bit flimsy still in the hard ball contests and his ball use is an issue still.
Defensively, it is a bit of a worry against a team full of medium sized hard bodied Melbourne forwards and mids.
We are going to need Hurley, Brown and Dea to play well today.

Edit - I forgot Baguley. We have a lot of small defenders picked this week. Maybe it does imply McGrath will move up the ground, as some have suggested.

1 Like

Iā€™m not worried

We like playing shoot outs

ā€œwe will outscore them, let them kick goals, we will kick moreā€ - Woosha

1 Like

I think Dea can take Weiderman, mostly because he is young. But if they stack the forward line at periods we may struggle in the air.

Thank God it wasnā€™t Patty Ambrose.
No idea who this Paddy guy plays for, but really happy itā€™s not our bloke.

2 Likes

Even if they win the midfield, which is likely. They wonā€™t score more than us, surely.

1 Like