The Guitar Thread

That’s sure purdee.

Ha, yer it’s fairly well advanced.
The back has been stained.
Was going for a gentle colour transition of dark navy blue, finishing with turquoise at the headstock (it looked better in my head).
Quite a few imperfections on the back where I couldn’t get the stain to soak in (not enough prep work I guess).

Just need to glue a feature to the headstock, then copious coats of laqueur/top coat.
If I can’t be effed, look out for a PM from myself in the near future…

Keep posting progress. Pretty keen to see how it turns out.

I’d like a natural Tele one day.

This is a few years old, now.

https://s15.postimg.org/g4bqyuw2z/Guitars.jpg

You sir, have a very awesome addiction happening there.

Wow, very nice collection.

Who’d have guessed…

A late 70's Ibanez Artist Ar-100, in Sunburst. Love at first sight. I felt like a northern suburbs Boz Scaggs. Oh, and a nice Japanese copy short scale bass.

Chilly, if ever you want to sell that AR-100, please let me know.

If I’m ever motivated, I’ll PM you- but I’ll make sure of the serial #'s first so I’m not leading you up the garden path.
However , if you were a FCK Carlton supporter, I’d forge Boz’s signature and try to pass it off…

A late 70's Ibanez Artist Ar-100, in Sunburst. Love at first sight. I felt like a northern suburbs Boz Scaggs. Oh, and a nice Japanese copy short scale bass.

Chilly, if ever you want to sell that AR-100, please let me know.

If I’m ever motivated, I’ll PM you- but I’ll make sure of the serial #'s first so I’m not leading you up the garden path.
However , if you were a FCK Carlton supporter, I’d forge Boz’s signature and try to pass it off…

Cheers.

Rest assured, Sir, I am definitely not a Fck Carl, Fck Car, Fck C…(shudders) can’t even bring myself to type the word.

What’s the cream fender with what looks like reversed headstock?

That one caught my eye too. Candy apple is my top choice of colour but that blonde would be a close second.

What’s the cream fender with what looks like reversed headstock?

My favourite strat. Japanese reverse headstock alla Hendrix, maple. Beautiful action, a joy to play.

Rocksmith is awesome.

1 Like

What have you got it on Dell?
I got the original on the Xbox 360, then the 2014 remastered on Mac (my primary RS machine). The custom DLC from Custom Forge is pretty extensive also. I would like a copy on the PS4 but the price for a 3yo game is ridiculous. CDLC’s isn’t available for PS4 either so unless it gets a massive price drop, I’ll stick with the mac.

CDLC’s link for those interested:
Customs Forge

Yeah thanks. I have it on PC and smash the CDLC. It is AWESOME.

White Stripes is one of my favourite ever bands and really good to start out with as Jack White composes really simple melodies and uses a lot of reasonably basic chords.

On that note I need to brush up on a lot of chords (by which I mean… start learning them). I reckon the guitarcade game supposed to teach you chords sucks and I have a lot of problem with registering the chords. Also barre chords SUCK.

1 Like

I think I have an unopened Rocksmith here somewhere. Never got around to trying it.

1 Like

I’ve downsized frantically over the years, at one stage I had over 20 guitars. But held onto a few choice ones

I have a Gibson Les Paul Custom
A Gibson Les Paul BFG
A fender telecaster that I modded.

Heading towards my 40th this year and am going to treat myself to an SG.

I learned the old fashioned way by just watching other guys play and copying it.

2 Likes

No stratocaster love? Just curious - I don’t have one - but anyone who has had 20 at some stage probably would have. And you kept 2 LPs?

I’ve had strats at times, I just like that humbucker in mahogany sound, my modded Tele has a PAF installed over the single coil that’s split so I can have that if I need it, but I like the rounded sound of buckers through a pushed tube amp. It’s taken me years to work out what my sound of choice was. I played line 6 for years only to realise that on that end all I was doing was modelling what I really wanted.

I have and Orange Rockerverb head and a Jim Root Tiny Terror head and after 25 years of playing I have finally found a the sound I am happy with. The SG incoming purchase is more because my back is knackered and I’m struggling to play the Paul’s standing up for any prolonged period of time

3 Likes

I’m an LP guy also, man. I like a couple of my strats but love the chunky heavy humbuckery LPs.
The Gary Moore sound is one of my faves.

3 Likes