The "I was wrong" Files

Thought he’d be good: Ashby
Didn’t think he’d be good: Baguley

I remember once I saw a dead crow on the side of a road, which is rare. I thought this was an omen for a final we played against them . We lost by 80 something

2 Likes

Of the current group, Conor McKenna is proving me more wrong with every game he plays. A month ago I had written him off completely; he seemed to me to have no idea how to play the game at all. The very next week he did some good things, and he’s improved week by week since then to the point where he was genuinely one of our best against Port.

I’m trying to think about it.
But I’m an optimist and truely believe every bloke on our list will be a gun. Then get really disappointed when we delist a bunch of blokes on the verge of taking the next step.

9 Likes

Same.

Everyone else was wrong when they lol’d at me for saying Dea would be a retained top up after signing him as a top up.

I was wrong on Hartley.

Before playing last season I saw him as a “2016 only” player

Is it ever wrong to LOL at you ?

1 Like

I thought house prices were inflated back in 1999…

4 Likes

Normally no, but in this case Yes! Said Dea was criminally under used at Richmond and was lol’d out of the joint.

I thought Hird was too injury prone to be captain.
For a couple of terrible years it looked like I was right.

I was also wrong on Kevin Walsh.

Richmond don’t seem to rate defenders who defend first and foremost.

2 Likes

I wasn’t wrong about Henry Slattery. Everyone else was.

Never got a fair crack at it.

2 Likes

The people that criticised him, didn’t watch the game… only the stats sheet.

I must admit I thought Walla couldn’t jump over a jam tin and was no good in the air.

17 Likes

I thought Tom Hislop would captain the club.

5 Likes

Absolutely did that too. Let me tell you about how Dane Swan’s form in 06 was a flash in the pan and he was a journeyman at best. While I’m at it, did you know that Caleb Daniel is 100% definitely too short to play AFL at a decent level.

3 Likes

Good one.

■■■■ it I’m adding Kreuzer to this. After a few seasons I thought he was the worst ruckman to play the game.

Have genuinely lost count of all the times, it’s a long list.

Most recently, I think I might end up being wrong about Jake Long and Alex Morgan.

I hope I’m wrong about Aaron Francis.