The "I was wrong" Files

Hooker, I was calling for him to be traded.

Thought ashby was a good intercept HBF.

I was on the Kav train.

I called for Jaeger (as a PSD only)

I wrote Watson off after 3 rounds this year.

I called Hocking returning with fire and dominating with the freedom of no tag.

And that’s just what I can think of immediately. Clearly I should never be allowed near a recruiting session or team selection.

3 Likes

Just about wrote off Bellchambers ever getting back to be anything resembling his 2012 self after a few VFL games this year but he is heading in the right direction. Have never put a line through anyone more than I have with Alex Morgan so that’s one for the vault that hopefully comes back to bite me.

Thought Jay Nash would be a very serviceable player for a long time for us and that Jay Neagle could be a beast. Wrong on both counts.

1 Like

I agree. It was never fair how he always had to play on players that were better than him

3 Likes

I thought Andy Lovett would be the next michael long

1 Like

Agreed. Was doing thankless job, made much harder by our terrible midfield. Was blamed for every goal scored by a small to medium forward. Regardless of whether or not he was on them.

For me, Colyer. Thought he was just treading water, and couldn’t wait to see him get delisted. Then he learned how to kick.

1 Like

I was wrong to think that Jay Nash didn’t have a good game in him.

He did, albeit it was in the VFL and against (LOL) Shane Harvey.

I thought Alwyn Davey would never be a CHF at AFL level

11 Likes

It was never fair that he had to play on the whole backline while all the rest of our blokes ran forward. Use to see him in the backline two on one or three on one every flaming game. Cos he’s the only bloke there, what happens?

“FREAKING SLATTERY IS SO USELESS!!!”

1 Like

It was unfair that people used to judge Slattery by how many goals his direct opponent would kick.

Crazy to judge a lock down defender like that, especially one that provided so much run and dash…

3 Likes

I was wrong about Zacker. 100% wrong and I apologise.

Johnny Rayner. Thought he’d get a game.

1 Like

Bad timing for him, a year or two later and he probably gets a game by default.

I’m struggling to find anything.

6 Likes

Yeah I was wrong to enter this thread, to say I was wrong.

That’s about it.

1 Like

TIPPA says for you to SHUT. UP.

I know, amazing to think he’d stoop so low, even for someone so wrong.

5 Likes

It’s not me that’s wrong in this case.

8 Likes

Lol. And the myth continues.

Myth? It’s Bomberblitz canon.

8 Likes

I thought Kommer would be a gun.

1 Like