The "I was wrong" Files

I thought after 2000 we’d be dominant for years.

7 Likes

We’re really clutching at straws if we think Slattery was quality but nostalgia is a funny thing. Had below average pace, disposal and I reckon averaged about 10 possessions a game for the games he managed. His opponents won more often than not too.

I thought:
Connor wouldn’t make it.
Kelly was finished
Hurley should go fwd
Carlisle would be the next TD
Zaka was finished
Neagle and CJ would be stars

1 Like

I think we all saw a right future for Carlisle, and to be honest we weren’t wrong, but Bomber was.

Hooker is not a forward…wrong.

I’m happy to be wrong about Bellchambers. I thought he was finished.

I had given up on Colyer too at the end of 2014.

1 Like

Bomber was fkg cooked in the head during his year coaching us.

1 Like

Carlisles future sure is bright down there at the pier.

Yup I though Daniel Morgan would be awesome.
Aswell as Cole, Lee and Aylett.
Oh well.

• I thought Toby Greene was beyond sh*thouse in his first few seasons, and definitely wouldn’t make it.

• Going back a little further, I thought Michael Werner was a bona fide 50-60 goal a season forward pocket, and perfect complement to Salmon.

I thought he was legit until the injury. And the kick flips.

Wrong about Carlisle…never thought he would leave the bombers to go to LaSt. Kilda.

Darli? :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

I fell very hard for Jay Neagle, thought he had all the talent in the world and just needed to get his fitness up. Turns out that was an impossible mountain to climb.

Going the other way, I thought Baguley lost every contest he got anywhere near and was a liability in every facet of the game. Then one day I realised he had become (or perhaps always was) a very competent back pocket and was vital to the teams success.

More recently I’m so pleased that TBC has stolen back the #1 ruck mantle. I did not see that coming.

1 Like

I really rated Jay Nash. Was also sure Leroy Jetta would be a gun.

Watts. Kid has a good footy brain and he’s hardened up nicely. Can’t think of a Bomber who fits the mold yet

I’m still to stubborn to confess to that one

I thought mark Williams was a good get that would be an answer to our small forward woes

2 Likes

Guilty.

I also thought we’d “get a few good years” out of camporale.