The "I was wrong" Files

I’m posting on behalf of those who didn’t rate Marty Gleeson.

You were wrong.

I know that’s not how this thread works, but cmon! They were wrong!

10 Likes

This

Came here to put my hand up on that front.

I’d also like to say I thought Myers would be a top 5 AFL midfielder.

Nothing beats a good mate of mine though. When Mitchell Johnson made his debut he claimed Shaun Tait would easily take more test wickets than MJ. He even put $1k on it with me.
Safe to say when Tait retired after a test he copped 1 or 2 text messages. Also safer to say I’ll never get that money.

The same guy also said that Tomic would win as many titles as Federer! :joy:

I thought Tom Hickey might be a useful pickup for one of the lesser teams, since he seemed to do well last year.

He looked atrocious last night.

2 Likes

McCluggage. I was sure we made a mistake taking McGrath.
I WAS WRONG.

I don’t care what McCluggage does from here, I know we’ll be happy with our boy.

And Bellchambers. I thought he had no chance of holding down the no. 1 ruck.
WRONG.

3 Likes

:tongue:

1 Like

Yes, you were right.
:+1:

awwwww…come 'n give us a kiss…

1 Like

I thought I could/should respect and admire Clarkson and Hodge eventually.
I was very wrong.
I should have realised that Matthews, Robertson, Dipper, Brereton, etc etc etc would make that impossible!!!

Thought leuy had gone passed TBell and the TBell was done

1 Like

I thought gavin keane would be a player. Simon eastaugh too.

I wanted Rockliff when he was free at the start of the year, imagine how we would be going now? I didn’t rate Green still don’t, and happy to admit I was right about Neil Craig again.

While l never thought Myers would be a top 5 mid, l believed he would emerge as the heir apparent to Jobe, a clearance wrecking machine, in the same mould as Kennedy from the Swans.
Bobcat. l thought he would come back refreshed and raring to go.

Of the returning players, only Hooker and Hurley have earned their spots on a regular basis. Jobe was cooked long before he pulled the pin.

How? He got poached by Carlton?

1 Like

What sort of flog comes into a thread dedicated to times you’ve been proven wrong, only to name three things you reckon you got right?

6 Likes

Perhaps this goes more in the ‘what could of been’ file, but gee I thought Gumbleton would have a 200 game career and play like Nick Riewoldt.

Kirzner also looked a star when continually dominating our 2s.

I saw Darren Walsh play a cracking 2s game in the mid 2000s and thought he could be anything…just turned out to be a dud.

Lol

2 Likes

I thought 2018 would be a good season

I got given this video by Brad Paton, IIRC just before he became the EFC webmaster.

Back then aus.sport.aussie-rules was the place for all the cool kids…

3 Likes