The Inevitable Rebuild

That’s because the club has to implement the recommendations.

If it sits on the desk of the CEO collecting dust, it’s useless.
If there’s no buy-in from employees, it’s useless.
If the recommendations are scrapped by the board, it’s useless.

It’s not the reviewers issue if the club doesn’t implement the findings.

Without a review we have no idea what the issues are. Nobody currently has any idea what the issues are.

Couldn’t even do the list properly and have 10.

1 Like

This, ■■■, this

3 Likes

FFS Hird’s regime set this club back 10 years at an absolute minimum. Most likely a lot longer.

When are people going to get it into their heads that he was at least partly responsible for the most monumental ■■■■ up in the history of the AFL?

His coaching record wasn’t amazing either.

He’s not the messiah.

13 Likes

are you a time travellerer? replying to the post before he said it…

3 Likes

Cognitive bias mesns it is easy for people to remember all the positives but forget the negatives. I’m no different either.

This makes perfect sense to the supporters. But you know the club won’t have the balls to do it . Myers, Bellchambers will come back in next week and we will be the same pathetic rabble we have been for years .

Strange one - I think he edited it after I commented.

Let’s merge with carton and become do a 10 year rebuild and become a powerhouse club that wins 10 flags straight

Name: Carldon Football Club
Colours: Red black blue

I actually went to the website to vent… and stumbled across it. I wanted to prove a point that being the best AFL team should have got a mention within the top ten

Well one could argue that ‘develop and embed a unique efc football philosophy’ is a ■■■■■ but roundabout way of saying win premierships.

How can you say that?

Lindsay Tanner is “exactly the right man for the top job”.

Source: Lindsay Tanner

Haven’t we done so well since he got parachuted in?

Stop hiring old hacks who didn’t cut it as assistants and invest in young hungry staff from Longmire’s, Clarkson’s or the Geelong system.

Invest in data science and biomechanics expertise. Teach the players to deconstruct the game into an odds exercise and to make the decision with the better odds. Deconstruct opposition strengths using the best statistics division in the game mixed with expert insight.

Don’t play youngsters until you’ve begun to iron out clear weaknesses in their game through biomechanics training. The AFL is not the place to iron out the kinks in your kicking action.

Trade out the older blokes with currency except any true leaders. Invest in the draft and beef up the recruiting division. Use data to support drafting decisions and make sure your data is better than anyone else’s.

Do something

5 Likes

i think they circumvented the old hacks by promoting hungry youngsters from our system of success.

1 Like

Not in regards to most of the on-field personnel, no.

The industry let out a collective wail when the heard that we had beaten them to the signatures of Neeld, Harvey and Skipworth.

‘How can we possibly beat Essendon now???’

1 Like

http://m.essendonfc.com.au/our-club/efc-board/club-directors
It starts here.

What are the chances of a Richmond style overthrow? Because that’s exactly what we need right now.

Can we start a petition?

who?