The Overrated Thread

If you’re anywhere near Joes Shoe Bar on High St Northcote, they do a good Hendricks and cuke. Not sure they use the word ‘cuke’ tho, may not have transitioned from Blitz to street level yet.

3 Likes

Cuke is the soft drink from the IT crowd. Obviously a play on Coke. ‘It’s heaven in a can’

That’s what I was trying to post above. Won’t work for some reason.

Visit Kelvin Bar on High st Northcote. Their specialty is the :cocktail: martini.

1 Like

That’s right!image

1 Like

A good thing, right? :wink:

Talking about overrated stuff, I’d like to add something from Japan - mochi (a kind of glutinous rice cake). Japanese love the stuff, especially towards the end of the year, as it is a traditional NY food.

Don’t get me wrong, it tastes OK, but it isn’t that flash hot & certainly not worth choking on - which inevitably a dozen or so people (almost all of them elderly) sadly do every year. Choking to death on mochi isn’t part of my exit strategy from Japan. How about you, @mrjez?

2 Likes

This deserved more

I suspect there is a good joke in there but I wasn’t clear on what it actually was

Can you let me know the address of this bar where the bar staff do these disgusting things?

Just so I can, ah, avoid it.

1 Like

Chest nuts.
Depends whose chest.
As in, I could put my nuts on your chest.

As in, testicles.

But it really was a swizzle stick …

Yeah I got the testicle reference, but what about the lazy reference? It made no sense

PS the best jokes are the ones you have to explain afterwards

1 Like

Mochi is rated just right for mine. Love it in sukiyaki especially!

I’m not that clever

1 Like

Or funny. Or good looking, or talented, or hygienic, or…

Photos or it didn’t happen.

1 Like

Henry pls

Bahahaha. Taking a selfie while choking on mochi would make a cool story title. On a more sincere note:

1 Like

Rangoon summers.
Luge lessons

Ritualistically shaven scrotums.

Oh they’re everywhere