The positive thread. find something, anything

Surprise alcohol.
Nice.

Meanwhile everyone yesterday that came past my campsite ā€˜sorry mate, Iā€™d offer you a beer, but Iā€™m all outā€¦ā€™

Today theyā€™re walking past watching me enjoy my ā€˜surprise beerā€™ thinking Iā€™m FOS!

1 Like

Wanna hear something really positive in that vein??

If I run out of beer any time of the night or day, my neighbour across the road has a beer fridge under his carport, always full of a selection of beers, and I can just walk to it and take a six pack or whatever, & replace it later.

Anyone in the street could, but they donā€™t, weā€™re close though, ā€¦ heā€™s a Bomber man. :slight_smile:

Living in the country has itā€™s advantages, ā€¦ I leave my car unlocked often with keys in it in the drive and can also hit 3 neighbours gardens for herbs or veg if I need something at anytime too.

Once I left the house & went to town for 3 days, and didnā€™t close the front door properly, (hardly ever lock it) and it swung open & was like it the whole time, ā€¦ walked back in as if Iā€™d just left.

7 Likes

Had Dominos as a treat meal the other night. Wife ordered their thickshakes. Had a sip and they are amazing.

1 Like

Yeah I grew up down the coast and no one ever locked the doors. Then I moved to Carlton/fitzroy and it pained me having to lock up. Even waiting for traffic lights did my head in.

Best was being in the fire brigade at 16 (18 if youā€™re reading this dad). Like everything else it was never locked, and the fridge was always full of beer, VB tins and stubs.

Weā€™d sometimes host a few friends back to the fire station for a drink, and then first order of business at Tuesday night meetings was to raise petty cash to top up the missing beers.

Also, if we were having a party, we used to get dressed in our fire brigade gear and take the trucks down to the pub to buy booze. Because A) lights and sirens. B) the local hotelier would give the CFA ā€˜volunteersā€™ big discounts. C) ā€˜menā€™ in uniform

Fun times

4 Likes

Where do you live!!! The 1950ā€™s.
Iā€™m from the country as well, but was walking around Nth Richmond the other day and noticed all the bars on the windows and doors and thought whoā€™d want to live here.

3 Likes

Two boys who still get into an Easter egg hunt.

1 Like

Mick Fanning knocking Slater out of Bells.

At home with tonsillitis. But watching Veep on Binge.

We had a Tawny Frogmouth hang out in our backyard last night. It was a pleasant surprise.

3 Likes

How did you cook it and what did it taste like?

2 Likes

Answer has to be Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

1 Like

You shouldnā€™t eat a Tawny Frogmouth.

I just found out aboit a bloke that rode his bike from Sweden to Mr Everest, made the ascent without bottled oxygen and without a Sherpa. Then rode his bike back home.

Goran Kropp

What a legend!

1 Like

You still staking out possible bicycle thefts?

4 Likes

fixed

3 Likes

Been to China, they all look the same!

Got these cool 1950s style black bikes.

Was thinking of bringing one back.

1 Like

Racist.

2 Likes

Currently we are undefeated in our home games at the MCG this season. Should be going into Anzac Day Clash with full momentum.

So Ribbiting.