I hope you’re not saying that just to cheer me up. I wasn’t aware of that, so thank you it does help somewhat.
Tim Heidecker’s complete mockery of the American legal system and obsession with everything litigious is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while. It’s free all up on YouTube via Adult Swim in five 10 minute segments. Lots of hilarious passive aggression rising to anger and general gross incompetence. Brilliant.
I would love to see him come up against Judge Judy.
Fentanyl is ■■■■■■ fantastic.
LMW sometimes calls me a cashew.
(ie: the best kind of nut).
Phew! For a minute there I thought it was a physical description.
Reportedly the Government has decided to drop the trial drug testing of young welfare recipients.
All we need now is for ASADA to stop drug testing of young amateur athletes, like those two ACT baseballers facing a two year suspension and exclusion from their clubs. They are unlikely to afford lawyers to contest , including why they were pinged for substances known to be used by their peers.
End of Spotify Playlist just arrived.
Can’t wait to get home!
Those vacuum space saver bag things. My wordy. Could rent out office space in our spare wardrobe now.
I remember you printed out (pasted) your playlist a while back, and you asked others to post theirs. I said I had never used it. Well since that day, I started using Spotify and have made playlists and whatever. But…how do you actually copy/paste a list? Apparently this used to be a feature but no longer is?
I had to google pretty extensively last time.
seeing how things were back then - Christmas in Australia in 1958.
I used the ‘change firefox view to ‘no view’, refresh, control c, paste, edit’ option.
- Redneck Wonderland – Midnight Oil
- Speculator - EP Version - iNsuRge
- A Kindly Reminder - Passenger
- The Day You Come - Powderfinger
- A Sort Of Homecoming – Live - U2
- Dreamworld – Live - Midnight Oil
- Souljacker Part I - Eels
- Tijuana Makes Me Happy - Nortec Collective
- Black Chandelier - Live From Glasgow - Biffy Clyro
- Mass Destruction - Faithless
- Journey Of The Sorcerer - Eagles
- Exit Music (For a Film) - Radiohead
- True Friends - Bring Me The Horizon
- US Forces - Midnight Oil
- Hard Luck Story - Men At Work
- Christian - Danny Elfman
- Been Caught Stealing - Jane’s Addiction
- So What’Cha Want - Beastie Boys
- Someone Who’ll Get It - Highasakite
- Mass Destruction - Single Version - Faithless
- Evil – Live - Steve Miller Band
- Who Can Stand In The Way - Midnight Oil
- All You Zombies - The Hooters
- The Big Chair - Tears For Fears
- The Universal - Blur
- One Country - Midnight Oil
- I Miss You - blink-182
- From Can to Can’t - Corey Taylor
- Good Morning Britain - Aztec Camera
- Tangled Up In Blue - The Whitlams
- Three Sisters - INXS
- Read About It - Midnight Oil
- Belong - R.E.M.
- 1955 - Hilltop Hoods, Montaigne, Tom Thum
- Scream In Blue - Midnight Oil
- I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons
- Life’s What You Make It - Talk Talk
- Who Can It Be Now - Men At Work
- 22 Acacia Avenue - Live at the Hammersmith Odeon - Iron Maiden
- Jimmy Sharman’s Boxers - Midnight Oil
- Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden
- Working Class Hero - John Lennon
- Hercules - Midnight Oil
- Ch-Check It Out - Beastie Boys
- Running Free Live Long Beach Arena - Iron Maiden
- In the Flesh? - Pink Floyd
- Victoria - The Fall
- No Sleep Till Brooklyn - Beastie Boys
- Sleeping Beauty - Divinyls
- Outbreak Of Love - Midnight Oil
- Down By The Sea - Men At Work
- Allentown - Billy Joel
- The Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden
- Time - Hans Zimmer
- Berserk Warriors - Mental As Anything
- One Lonely Night - REO Speedwagon
- Underground - Men At Work
- Whale & Wasp - Alice In Chains
- Maralinga - Midnight Oil
- Pink Houses (Bonus Track) - John Mellencamp
- An Innocent Man - Billy Joel
62.Domino (Medley) - Genesis
- Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode
- Oxygene, Pt. 2 - Jean-Michel Jarre
- Power And The Passion - Midnight Oil
- Metamorphosis 1 - Philip Glass, Bruce Brubaker
- Sleepwalk - Santo & Johnny
- The Heart Asks Pleasure First - Michael Nyman
- Highway 61 Revisited (Demo) - Billy Joel
- Initiation - Tommy Emmanuel
- Back On The Borderline - Midnight Oil
- Talisman - Air
- Be Good Johnny - Men At Work
- Rain On The Scarecrow - John Mellencamp
- Pipeline - Stevie Ray Vaughan, ■■■■ Dale
- Don’t Fight It - The Panics
- Can U Dig It? - Pop Will Eat Itself
- The Day You Went Away - Wendy Matthews
- Song For Guy - Elton John
- Don’t Wanna Be The One (Live) - Midnight Oil
- No Aphrodisiac - The Whitlams
- Maybe - Carmada
- Veronica - Elvis Costello
- Sirens - Pearl Jam
- Empire Building - Tears For Fears
- Pretty in Pink - The Psychedelic Furs
- Harness Up - Died Pretty
- Albatross - Fleetwood Mac
- Two Can Play - Australian Crawl
- Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo & the Bunnymen
- Are You Old Enough (Live) - Dragon
- My Elastic Eye - The Chemical Brothers
- D.T. - AC/DC
- Your Ghost - Kristin Hersh
- Lily Was Here -Dave Stewart, Candy Dulfer
- Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil
- Edge - Daryl Braithwaite
- I’m Going To Stop Pretending That I Didn’t Break Your Heart - Eels
- Sunchyme - Dario G
- The Heart Asks Pleasure First/The Promise - Michael Nyman
That brought back a few memories (although I was only 6).
The giant Santa on Foy’s Corner (NE corner of Swanston and Bourke - big Telstra store there now)
Prince Henry’s Hospital up near the Arts Centre in St Kilda Rd (now fancy apartments). A couple of Irish and Scottish nurse friends spent their first Australian days up at Prince Henry’s.
We would have had lunch in West St Kilda and then headed over to Uncle Jack’s off Keilor Road in North Essendon to see my paternal grandparents and all their descendants. Morning mass at the little church, outside which David Hookes was killed.
How many of those sunning on the beach have died from melanomas since.
And those office Christmas parties with gifts. Kris Kringles were banned years ago in my places of employment. I still remember malodorous people getting gifted Palmolive Gold.
Campari and Soda. Why did I not know about this until now?
I going to use the Hell out of that word for the next few weeks.
Great summer drink.
Was it good times back then for kids? It seems like a much simpler time.