The Price is Right - For some

OK, I've had a couple of wines and I don't really understand, BUT how do they work out what clubs are going to be "good" games or "bad" games each year before the season starts. Who knows, Melb may be in the top 4 this year and their games will be in demand, (I know, I know, not likely to happen, but you know what I mean) can someone use the KISS system and explain to me as an interstater who goes to a couple of games a year in Melb.

Have more wine. Still won't make sense but....well...more wine ;)

Ha ha, hope to meet you at Soho in a couple of weeks for the Port game, hopefully you will be able to get there!

I just don’t understand how one game can be worth more than another.

I’m a sure a Footscray supporter would rather see them play Fremantle on a Sunday than watch an essendon game, and vice versa.

You can’t make value judgements like that.

“What are you calling an eyesore, it’s a house not a home.”

So if I'm trying to get a group together to go to the ESS-HAW game in round two (A Reserved), and I'm a reserved seat member but no one else in the group is, does that mean we can't all buy tickets together? Is that what it means when it says that there's no GA?

Is there a supporters association? Does anyone know? If not perhaps supporters should be forming an association to represent us to the AFL.

Lol ... supporter strike!   A Footy fan Spring.

To use an apt AFLism  .... "I'd like to see that!"

Stuff like thus means I can envisage the day where I will no longer follow football. The football itself hasn’t mattered for years unfortunately.

So how does this encourage supporters of the minnow clubs to join as members?? By making the bigger clubs enforce their fans to buy memberships,the big clubs will get bigger & the gulf will increase…

I’ve said it before,get off your ■■■■ AFL & purchase Etihad stadium & put an end to the shonky stadium deals,stop treating the fans like dills!! Surely the league is running at a profit!!

Tickets available in Mexico:   tacos or leavos. 

So if I'm trying to get a group together to go to the ESS-HAW game in round two (A Reserved), and I'm a reserved seat member but no one else in the group is, does that mean we can't all buy tickets together? Is that what it means when it says that there's no GA?

Simple. You ALL buy tickets from the general admission sale, and you get something like a $5 discount by being a member.
Basically if you want to watch the EFC at the dome, you either sit with members, or you pay again to sit with your mates who are too stingy to become members. It's now the same at the G due to these changes.

I guess they better make some rules to control membership prices too then. You'd be getting pretty badly burned if your club had been declared a "bargain basement, discount club" yet you had to pay the same sort of membership prices as the clubs that actually generate revenue. About $4.50 for a norf package, complete with dinner at brayshaw's, two free nights accomodation at a Salvos refuge, and a recycled 2005 beanie, sounds about fair.

That's the limited edition Shin Boner Club, what about the budget conscious official Dean Laidley Junk Yard Dog Mob Squad Membership? Surely they'd throw in some Palmolive Gold, and Colgate merchandise as a sweetener.

:lol:  Can't you just see Scott at home frantically knitting member scarves for the $12 high roller package. There'd be a fair bit of whingeing while he knitted those 4 scarves I reckon. In fact, "Brad Knits for You", could possibley be a good marketing tool as a Youtube channel.

Brad Scott would be furious.

Just in general at anything.

There's no GA at Etihad for Essendon home games, all ticketed.
Been that way for years.

So how does this encourage supporters of the minnow clubs to join as members?? By making the bigger clubs enforce their fans to buy memberships,the big clubs will get bigger & the gulf will increase..
I've said it before,get off your ■■■■ AFL & purchase Etihad stadium & put an end to the shonky stadium deals,stop treating the fans like dills!! Surely the league is running at a profit!!

This is a good point. There's far more incentive now for fans of big teams to buy memberships. I kno they're only trying to increase attendances but they'll widen the gap on memberships.

I haven't fully digested this yet .... I thought it was good... then ...??

How ■■■■■■ convoluted can it get?

Seems it all depends on Appendix B part VII clause 19, & how you hold your tounge.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-02-14/members-benefit-from-variable-ticketing

The AFL has today announced changes to the way tickets will be priced and offered under a new variable pricing model for season 2014.

The new model introduces variable ticket pricing for games at both Etihad Stadium and the MCG and will deliver great value to Essendon fans choosing to buy club membership.

All 2014 members impacted by the changes will be sent an email on Monday explaining how to access Essendon games under the new system.

Game Classification

• All home and away games have been classified A, B or C depending on expected demand for tickets.  See below for Essendon game classifications

• In 2014, eight (8) Essendon home games have been classified ‘A Reserved‘ or ‘B Reserved‘ – there will be no general admission access for these games

• All members impacted by the changes will be sent an email on Monday explaining how to access a seat to these games using their member barcode

Ticket prices

• Ticket prices for casual buyers have increased across the board, making club membership (buying a season in advance) better value than ever before.

• Click here for the latest 2014 ticket prices 

Value for Members

As well as the pride of supporting your club, the new ticketing structure means members who buy a season ticket or seat in advance will see significant savings versus fans who buy their tickets casually.

For example:

A Bronze Premium 11-game member holding a reserved seat at every Essendon home game pays $350 for the season - or $31.80 per game. To purchase the same seats casually costs $43 per game at Etihad Stadium and $40 at the MCG – or $461 for the season.

For members, that‘s a saving of $111 – plus a member pack, exclusive club news and videos, the Bomber Magazine, voting rights and more.

If you don‘t go to every game, Essendon offers an industry-leading ‘Seat Resale‘ program, allowing you to sell your seat back to the club and lower your renewal cost for the following year.

Blockbuster Games

ANZAC Day is an ‘A-Reserved‘ away game for Essendon in 2014. Anyone who does not hold away access with their membership can contact the club to upgrade or purchase a general public ticket next week

Dreamtime at the ‘G is an ‘A Reserved‘ home game in 2014. You must hold a season Reserved seat or upgrade to a Reserved seat using your member barcode – there will be no general admission access.

Essendon v Hawthorn (Round 2 at Etihad Stadium) is an ‘A Reserved‘ home game in 2014. You must hold a season Reserved seat or upgrade to a Reserved seat using your member barcode – there will be no general admission access.

To make sure only club members are given priority for these games, the AFL has applied a limit of 1 ticket per member (barcode) during the presale period

Ticket on-sale dates & times

Etihad Stadium
Ticketmaster

MCG

Ticketek

Member Presale

9am Mon Feb 24 –9am Wed Feb 26

9am Tues Feb 25 –
9am Thurs Feb 27

General Public

12noon Wed Feb 26

12noon Thurs Feb 27

Essendon 2014 game classifications

620ticketingvariable.png

Richmond v Ess @ MCG is category "B" ?

So much for their 8934690 members!

Is there a seating map for this rubbish?

Is there a seating map for this rubbish?

Yes, 3 different maps for the different gouging I mean 'categories'
It's on the afl websit, will post later

Is there a supporters association? Does anyone know? If not perhaps supporters should be forming an association to represent us to the AFL.

Not sure if quoting my own post is de rigeur. However for those who are interested have just found aflfans.org which is a fans association and was incorporated in December. I have just signed up, it's free.

If someone can help me out im a little confused. I have a bronze basic membership (home reserved access to etihad and home general admission to mcg).

For the round 3 v carlton and round 17 v collingwood they are both classified 'A' at MGC. Will I have to upgrade to a reserved seat or will my general admission entry work?

Thanks.

With this bullshite the afl's brought out, essendon may need to have a list of games you can attend with each membership, and what you'd need to do to see the ones that aren't included in that membership.

I’ve read the article about 5 times but I’m still confused. Seriously: What. The. Fark.

I've read the article about 5 times but I'm still confused. Seriously: What. The. Fark.

Normal AFL tactic,confuse & conquer...