The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

I can completely understand that. Surprised me how well it held up for me. There’s a lot of Kick that hasn’t.

1 Like

For the first DJ to spin up an INXS song you get a YES. At their peak, they were the biggest band in the world for a brief glorious time. I remember their name being plastered all over Oak Park and Pascoe Vale back in the early 80’s. I assume it was the same in other suburbs as well. Well done.

1 Like

The Swing was the album that really brought them to my mainstream consciousness. Never what you would deem an obsessive fan, but frequently found myself tapping along to their music.

1 Like

Yep

Is there a way to make a themed week keep ticking over? Recently this thread is a few songs a day and one DJ often goes for a few days. The week would be way more fun if many people could have a go.

1 Like

2 Likes

I tried to structure the week so it still fitted within the existing rules. As you know, it’s difficult to get consensus on any rule changes in here :slight_smile:

But, I agree with you—the more DJs who participate over the week, the better. Not sure how to make that happen. FWIW, my suggestion is VOLUNTARY abdications, e.g., “I’ll spin until 6:00 p.m., unless I’m voted out beforehand. Who wants to spin after me?”.

1 Like

8-0.

I’ll see you all in the morning

All good with me. I was planning to do a live set at some point.

1 Like

I know this is silly, but…

Make it a “badge” challenge.

As in you only get/need 3 spins. If you get past all three spins (under normal 10 voting system) then you have passed the live set challenge and now have the live set “badge”

We could get through a large number of DJ’s that way.

If you really wanted people could vote for the best set at the end of the week.

3 Likes

Yes to INXS

Or: we could vote on a three spin set, rather than single songs.

3 Likes

Yeah id be down for that too. Play your three songs, maybe a bit of break in-between to give people time to comment on each one. Then we vote on the set, do you pass or not.

I imagine most sets will get the tick of approval.

Or: Have a week/end of 3 spin live sets, and vote for the best set at the end?

Dunno, just thinking out loud.

2 Likes

I like both of these ideas.

1 Like

We should debate this in the DJ King talk thread, where a consensus is certain.

5 Likes

Then we’ll have to take it to the DJ King Vote thread to get it sorted.

1 Like

I do like the 3 song set to be voted on.

yes to the song. And happy to go with the flow.

I think that’s 10.