The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

Not sure what to do? Are there any more DJs that want to play? Should we finish up? Do I crown the winner and post the leaderboard? We’ve had 22 DJs. Suggestions welcome.

I think @Yossarian mentioned having a set ready.

2 Likes

And @mackster

2 Likes

I’ve got heaps more. Lets have a showdown.

2 Likes

Here are three.
I’m on my way home so I’ll leave them with you.

The Hip- One of my favourite bands - RIP Gord Downie

It’s live but no video - just imagine a manic Tim Finn running around the stage.

And Beth Orton - Check our Central Reservations from years back

1 Like

I’m too drunk ATM but I do have a vision for another event in the future where we could have a showdown. A DJ head-to-head “fight night.” Working title: DJ THUNDERDOME :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t like the first one or the last one but the second one is worth YYY, they were going off.

1 Like

AVS played a different version of I see red. Popular live song.

NYN

1 Like

What keyboards you got @hambo? Before coming over to WA, I gave my electric piano to my daughter. But, I bought a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol midi keyboard since being over here and just run it off my MacBook. It’s fun :slight_smile:

YYY.

2 Likes

nny…had a huge crush on beth orton…

3 Likes

A fun thing I bought recently is a Korg taktile. It just has two octaves but it’s sitting in front of me above my computer keyboard so it’s good for a quick bit of fun. It’s just a controller with a bunch of sliders but it came bundled with Korgs 80s synth emulators so I’ve got Wavestations, MS-20 which is pretty mad and M1 which is a bit sterile but some people like it.

My go to is the Roland SH-201 which is a digital version of their 101. It makes fat dirty sounds which I like very much.

I’ve still got my 80s Yamaha SY22 which was my first. It’s a combo of analog and digital with a vector controller that lets you blend the two.

1 Like

I got Komplete 11 (which is basically a bundle of NI software instruments). Their Massive synth is fun. I think you might like some of the sounds on that. Squelchy :slight_smile:

Have a Yes, a Yes and a Yes. @Crazy_Bomber, sorry I missed the vote on yours, Glen would have got you a three Yes vote.

1 Like

NYY

1 Like

13-5

Sounds fun. I got so much bonus stuff with the Korg that I haven’t had time to explore it all fully. There’s mixers and effects etc. I don’t have enough time for it. Rewind 30 years and I would be going crazy; I spent $300 on the controller but got software that would have cost $5,000 in hardware back in the day.

1 Like

I’ve run out of alcohol and I’m getting tired :frowning:

What monitors do you use? I haven’t got any at the moment—I left them with my daughter. I’ve only got headphones :frowning: Boo!

I hear ya! Yeah, I’ve got some good headphones because the rest of the family are a bunch of whiny complaining douchebags. These days I’ve just got the Creative Labs speakers in my face (rad)

I sold my old Yamaha Ns 10s recently to some vintage hipster ■■■■, the modern stuff is much better IMO.

1 Like