The Sameolds2010 PomCom Thread

Surprised no ones mentioned “Not The Nine O’Clock News” yet.

After flying circus, The Goodies, Faulty Towers, & Kenny Everett, this was the next cab off the rank for new wave Brit Comedy, … then , and on to Young Ones & Blackadder …

AP: a bit of context - Alan is trying to get a speaking gig for a company night and is pretending his half build home is his offices.

Ripping Yarns

The Testing of Eric Olthwaite
And nearly all of the others

'Even the white bits are black. ’

Fark, that episode cracks me up. We used to have a guy at work who was so painfully boring, we called him the shovel.

The Sketch Show.

Drop the dead donkey

The Sketch Show. https://youtu.be/koNwUeG-iKE
Yes of course, possibly the best sketch type show ever.

Lee Mack and Tim Vine are brilliant comedians.

They both starred in another show later on called Not Going Out which was very funny too.

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned Love Thy Neighbour yet, in all its politically incorrect glory or even Mind Your Language, in all its racial stereotype glory too…two old classic shows from the seventies.

Big Train, if it hasn’t been mentioned.

edit: third post in the thread. Carry on.

Ripping Yarns

Fark, that episode cracks me up. We used to have a guy at work who was so painfully boring, we called him the shovel.

Spear and Jackson, noomber three, with brass reinforced handle?

Our family speaks fluent Olthwaite, even down to the schoolboy French.

You work in superannuation too, do you, Peos?

The Sketch Show. https://youtu.be/koNwUeG-iKE
Yes of course, possibly the best sketch type show ever.

Lee Mack and Tim Vine are brilliant comedians.

They both starred in another show later on called Not Going Out which was very funny too.

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned Love Thy Neighbour yet, in all its politically incorrect glory or even Mind Your Language, in all its racial stereotype glory too…two old classic shows from the seventies.

Shows like Love Thy Neighbour are a bit hard to watch these days.

One show in that mould was The Lovers with the late Richard Beckinsale (father of Kate who starred in Porridge as Lenny Godber and died at 31 of natural causes) and Paula Wilcox from Man About the House. I saw it on DVD and thought that’d be good…first episode - Beckinsale as Geoffrey is ogling a young lady and says “I’d love to rape her”, and you go, “ooh!” although my belief is that the word ‘rape’ in those days was more related to vigour than lack of consent.

I used to enjoy all the Doctor series with Barry Evans, who later starred in Mind Your Language and even later got murdered in the street. The stunning Madeleine Smith as the temptress daughter of Arthur Lowe (Dad’s Army) was in Doctor At Large.

I remember seeing George Layton from the Doctor series and Martin Shaw (later of Judge John Deed and Inspector George Gently) in an episode of The Sweeney as a pair of Australian burglars in London. It’s hard to imagine worse Australian accents, although we’re constantly reminded.

While we’re there, does Minder count, or do we count that as drama even though we used to laugh at Arthur.

I know it’s not TV (although it was made into a somewhat ok movie), but the British play ‘Noises Off’ is just about the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

Gavin & Stacey.

Dont play this in ear shot of kiddies, or if your offended by the word ■■■■.

Dont play this in ear shot of kiddies, or if your offended by the word ■■■■.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQ8BuWMFyI

Spent my teen years listening to their albums, complete filth and I loved it.

Anyone mentioned, Sean’s Show?

Sorry, can’t find any clips. Remember really liking it. They’ve got full episodes on You Tube. Anyone else remember it?

Any Scots out there that are familiar with the show Still Game?

It’s a show about two old pensioners that live in Glasgow.

Worked with a recently arrived Scotsman who leant me his dvds of every season of this show.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Plenty of very funny characters in the show.

Ripping Yarns

It were hard to accept I were boring. Especially with my interest in rain fall.

I was amused that poor old Eric was so boring that even his own parents ran away from home.

Ripping Yarns

It were hard to accept I were boring. Especially with my interest in rain fall.

I was amused that poor old Eric was so boring that even his own parents ran away from home.

And in Golden Gordon, where Barnstoneworth United were playing Denleigh Moor, and #8 was Eric Olthwaite…

Olthwaite, he were bank robber, weren’t he?
It were never proved.

8-1, 8 bleeding 1

When we used to drink at. Molly Blooms in the early 90s, the bar manager played for a soccer team called Barnstoneworth United, right down to the long 1930s style shorts and red and white striped shirts.

It was a cracking show & had the unfortunate timing of coming out around the same time as Fawlty Towers & therefore lived in it’s shadow in some regards.

Poor old Eric’s dad pretended he was French didn’t he, to avoid direct conversation with Eric…

It was a cracking show & had the unfortunate timing of coming out around the same time as Fawlty Towers & therefore lived in it's shadow in some regards.

Poor old Eric’s dad pretended he was French didn’t he, to avoid direct conversation with Eric…

Je suis très fatigué après une journée à la bas de la terre.

When the family ran away from home, and Eric, they even took the scheißhaus.

Imagine how black that black pudding would look on a 65" LG OLED TV.

I’m almost tempted to buy one to see.

Anyone mentioned, Sean's Show?

Sorry, can’t find any clips. Remember really liking it. They’ve got full episodes on You Tube. Anyone else remember it?

Best theme song ever.

It’s Seany’s show. La la la la.
It’s Seany’s show. Doo doo doo doo.
Seany’s Seany’s Seany’s Seany’s Seany’s show.
It’s Seany’s Seanys’ Sheany’s show!

(repeat)

Edit: The sock’s probably still wet.