The sooking about “woke” thread

I don’t have a problem with traditional values, I just don’t see why they have to rub it in our faces.
You just can’t escape it… Cis couples holding hands in the street, even kissing in public. You turn on the tv or watch a movie and it’s everywhere.
Keep it in the bedroom, please.

6 Likes

I 100% agree.

No one’s version of love is more important than anyone else’s…but it’s also not a competition and we really don’t need to compare.

Culture wars, woke/anti-woke, ANTIFA, MAGA, this thread, whatever all exist because too few people in this world subscribe to the perfectly simple life ethos of “don’t be a d!ck and we’ll all get along just fine”.

17 Likes

Totally. I think it all comes down to human insecurity…who can we find that is worse/less than ourselves that makes us feel less like a POS.

A lot of people have trouble realising they are being a ■■■■ though, that’s a massive part of the issue here.

It’s a small part, the massive part is those who believe it’s their right to be a ■■■■

2 Likes

people being accused of driving a culture war by people who are driving a culture war being accused by people of driving a culture war…ad infinitum

meanwhile people keep clicking on the ragebait articles, keep driving adspend, and keep filling the pockets of people who in reality, don’t actually care about any of it

2 Likes

Dylan Mulvaney is an absolute ■■■■■■■ idiot.

I dont think using someone else to try and target that market segment would have made a difference for the bud light audience, but you dont have to go far to get a better representative for the trans community than Dylan.

Side note from the real discussion, but had to air that one.

3 Likes

You are taking the p1ss ?

I sincerely hope you are.

This may clear things up, if there’s any confusion.

Haha of course he is @Bacchusfox

1 Like

The Anheuser-Busch share price has taken a dive since early May when the Dylan Mulvaney Bud Lite campaign kicked off. Based on this, it appears the market believes the advertising campaign has actually diminished the value of AB by around US$17bn. The marketing executives responsible for overseeing the controversial advertising campaign at Budweiser have been put on leave. To put this fall in market cap (value) in context……since the contentious Bud Lite campaign AB has lost US$17bn or A$25bn in value or the equivalent of the entire value of Coles (which has a market cap of A$25bn)

1 Like

Consumer brands getting involved in social debate or politics never ■■■■■■■ ends well. Of course people are going to react negatively to the Bud Light ad and it’s not necessarily because they’re bigots etc…it’s because they don’t need the ■■■■■ who brew their beer telling them how to live their lives.

I don’t know why brands continue to self sabotage by trying to play identity politics. Just make your ■■■■■■■ product and shut up.

2 Likes

It’s not really identity politics. Corporations are literally just trying to market to different sub-populations of consumer, not pit those sub-populations against each other - because why would they, that doesn’t make them money (news organisations excluded).

The people that are engaging in identity politics are people that assign idiotic labels such as ‘woke’ and ‘anti-woke’ to an opposing idealogy, then pit themselves as the crusader on the other side who is the voice of reason.

Ipso facto, identity politics

2 Likes

But this where the danger lies. Culture wars often deal with the fear of others. Those people are different and are a risk to our society.

Ah, no. Bud Light definitely wasn’t scrambling to market to the trans segment of the beer market. The untapped masses I’m sure… This is a massive oversimplification.

There is a huge body of research on this broader political/legal issue of corporations following ESG norms and incentives at the expense of profits (climate change, diversity and inclusion etc.).

This is where the woke will take us:

this is the outcome of unbridled wokeism in our society. People that mean well that will do anything to get their views accepted as “normal”. Anyone that would have tried to stop this scenario would have been cancelled btw.

How about the rights of true women that have been training for up tine years just to be beaten by a biological male cheat. This bullshit is happening everywhere … its a joke that should be legislated against

4 Likes

This Bud thing exists only because people WANT to be outraged. It’s literal insanity.

5 Likes