The sooking about “woke” thread

“You can’t say anything anymore, the worlds too woke”

Sure you can, just don’t have a cry when someone calls you out for being a twat/■■■■■■■■/■■■■

10 Likes

The thing I love about the discussion is that it invariably hinges on people not wanting to do trivial things like call someone by their preferred pronoun, listen to a welcome to country, watch movies with queer themes in it.

Like really it has an incredibly minimal impact on you. Who cares?

12 Likes

Respecting authority. As I mentioned, as a kid if I spoke back to or misbehaved my parents or teachers would reprimanded me. These days I see kids running around like little ■■■■■ and talking back and teachers can’t do anything because parents get upset. What do you think happens once these kids get older? The new authority being police suddenly face the same challenges.

1 Like

Yep I see the “right” way more offended than I do woke people.

Number of Trans people who have told me they are offended - zero

Number of right wing warriors claiming they are offended by Trans people - thousands.

As for shoving it down my throat, I see way more hate filled rants by a Peterson or Shapiro in my social media feeds than I do any real trans activists.

6 Likes

I want you to call me Master Clone_Hirdy from now on, I want you to listen to the Carlton theme song 4 times a day.

It will have a minimal impact on you, so I expect you to do it.

Haha that’s definitely old man yelling at cloud vibes. Your angry coz da yoof aren’t respectfull.

Man I find this new Gen Z cohort way more respect-full than my generation where.

Plus your not that old, they were saying the same things about kids when you where a kid.

and they were right. Respect is diminishing more and more and crime increasing more and more because there are no repercussions for their actions.

Lack of respect for authority has nothing to do with “woke”

6 Likes

Its incedlble that there are people out there that are triggered by people who try to be nice, make the world nice, and to try to make sure minorities and under privelleged people get a fair go

14 Likes

But none of that is remotely true

Crime isn’t increasing its decreasing and has been for generations.

Respect is increasing, you know it’s no longer acceptable to call people bad names whether that’s racial or sexual etc. I would think respect for women in the workforce is way more than it was 40 years ago. In what way has respect decreased?

3 Likes

Has anyone asked you to do that?

It’s not the trans people, the black people, the mentally ill people that’s the problem, its the Caucasian people that feel like they need to speak on behalf of everyone else that is the problem.

2 Likes

Who are they, can’t say I’ve ever come across them.

I personally think baa baa rainbow sheep sounds better.

1 Like

I get the sentiment of tough on crime, but just lock them all up and throw away the key doesnt deal with repeat offenders who are more or less born into a life of crime and poverty. its very complex. If we just take a hard line zero tolerance we would not have enoug prison cells anyway.

1 Like

1 Like

It’s a shame Bomberblitz doesn’t date back to Ancient Greece. This would be a long thread and we could watch the language change and evolve over the years.

2 Likes

Even 100 years ago. Women in the work place? WOKE! Indigenous people getting to vote? WOKE!

4 Likes

You don’t need to go back 100 years. Even a few years back you never heard the term ‘woke’ as an insult. the people who use it now were all busy condemning ‘social justice warriors’ or ‘antifa’. I suppose it’s a bit like the global warming/climate change thing - there’s a whole lot of flailing about while the hard right wing try to come up with a term for something they dislike that doesn’t make them sound like ■■■■■. Cos if you’re loudly opposed to ‘social justice’, or if you’re opposed to ‘anti-fascists’ then it maaaaybe says something about you. But ‘woke’ is sufficiently vague that you can safely oppose it without having to answer any awkward questions.

11 Likes

raised by the same generation of people that copped the back of the hand as you did.

makes you think doesn’t it?

1 Like