The Team: Collingwood v Essendon MCG , 2:10pm Saturday, July 8 - The Langford no Moore

This better be the last chance, if there are poor performances by Colyer or Green this week, they must be out the following week. Agree, there appears at the moment that Woosha is just backing his team in. Hartley was just lucky that Brown is reinsured.

Langford very unlucky. I assume there must be a reason he only got 6 minutes in the final term last week as others have reported. I wouldn’t have thought that fitness would have been an issue for him to run out a game.

Very risk adverse.

1 Like

Langford was only on the ground for 6 minutes in the last.

You’re an odd person DKP

4 Likes

I’d like to say the reason Langford played six minutes in the last quarter was because he was injured… but nah.

2 Likes

Insanity. I cannot fathom this weeks selection.

17 Likes

I just… I have no words.

1 Like

Soft, comfortable, mediocre, average, yeah you can play next week too.

What was the point in making Langford earn his spot through multiple good performances in the VFL if you are just going to drop him after 1 week?

We need different midfielders, because the one’s that have been playing all year have proved they aren’t up to it.

Sweet damn, it must be easy be an essendon player. If you have been there for a few years, you know no matter how badly you play you will never be held accountable. Just rock up, play poorly, collect paycheck. Rinse and repeat.

i don’t understand the direction of this club?
We lose to the bottom side at home with an experienced side and the following week we bring in an older player to replace a young, developing player?
The side we have is not good enough to compete with the best so why aren’t we blooding younger players?

I’m genuinely confused. I don’t even know who Essendon are anymore?

Even if we win by 10 goals this week, what does that prove?

4 Likes

We all agreed this was the best 22 we could put on the park prior to the Brisbane game.

Ok was that too obvious trolling?

3 Likes

Pissweak decisions. How the fk is Langford going to become a good senior player by playing in the twos?

Likewise all the other kids we aren’t giving a go.

Pretty dire that a middle of the road team keep playing old plodders and keep churning out ■■■■ football.

begley is emergency and not in the VFL side.

hidden change?

1 Like

Ummm, …not sure if you’re taking the pizz, but wouldn’t that prove the Coaches know what they’re doing?

4 Likes

I’m getting really sick of these “best available team” selections.

I’m ok with Myers in. However I wish Langford had been given more than one game to adjust to the pace. I dare say Myers will have something to prove on Saturday, and he’ll know it…

edit - he was given 2 games, not 1.

7 Likes

did they know when we lost to the clear worst team in the comp?

1 Like

That last week was complete bullshit and had nothing to with the players available for team selection?

I don’t see the point of doing that. We also haven’t had many late changes this year

I like the changes.
No one else bar myers played well in the vfl last week so from that form you`d only want to promote one player and that one player is a big midfielder.

So if we bring in one big midfielder who do you drop?
Out of our midfielders, Langford offerred absolutely zero in the second half last week so out he goes out.
Could have been colyer or green but you couldn’t bring myers in for them, completely different players.
Very sensible selection for what is a must win game.

7 Likes

:triumph:
:weary:
:sob:
:fearful:
:astonished:
:rofl:
:thinking:
:confounded:
:rage:

2 Likes