The Team - GWS v Us - DC out for "The Pidge" (Blame Marvel)

Wait, is that the ex C**ton D Buckley?

SoS traded his mate’s F/S kid after like a year?

1 Like

Cue Dylan Buckly point celebration.
#f@rckcarton

8 Likes

Who flew?

That’s the good Sam Reid, right?

We’re having an iffy season AND playing away. I will be cheering the boys with my Lid On fedora firmly lodged on my bonce.

2 Likes

i’m scared that last week was our mini final

now we’re backing up with an 8 point game ®

1 Like

I don’t mind team selection, I think you reward victory with stability but McGrath is an automatic inclusion as the our future Blue Chip midfielder and star.

My only thought would be that despite him having a fantastic game last week, perhaps you drop a player like Dea, Baguley or Goddard etc to make way for McG… rather than drop the first gamer.

I guess it depends on whether you still think we are ‘playing to win’ this season or are about developing for the future. I personally think this season is cactus, despite the steller win last week, so why would we give Clarke 3-4 weeks to find his feet at this level? So not disappointed but I just wonder if the Club is trying to have a bet each way still…

We are only 3 games out of the top 4

And we’ve beaten top sides in Crows, Port & Cats.

Season far from cactus despite how rubbish we’ve been early season in most games.

If we play anywhere near like we did last week for rest of season we’ll come home strongly.

Few handy players were out last week also for us, plus the Francis steam train is gaining momentum.

6 Likes

Despite their talent, they have problematic depth as identified by http://www.hpnfooty.com/?p=26980

Their constant recycling of players for picks has left a hole in their middle tier. Dev Smith is exactly what the Giants need right now, a work horse who has enough skill to step up when injuries bite.
The Giants list seems to be A-grade, kids, and recycled players (most well past their prime).

Matt DeBoar ended up being a gun recruit for them last year, and they’d be wise to reverse their trading patterns and bring in more ready made depth.

Yes, I have witnessed the new found optimism exciting.

Agree that if we replicate that level of play and our opposition goes to sleep every week… we will do OK. However we still have to play Tigers twice, a few interstate trips left and we are yet to string two wins in a row together…

So yeah, I am keen (like we all are!!) to see if we have actually altered the game plan and the ship is actually going in the right direction. I’m also not sure that ‘limping’ into finals and getting smashed in the first week is actually helping the club… which has been the experience our last three trips there… but I’m as keen as anyone to see us have success so I won’t turn it down in reality!

1 Like

OK, so this week we are letting go of Kevin Dixon, Chief Operating Officer.

Another big performance by the Dons coming up.

Who’s it going to be next week? We’ll have 4 people left, besides the players, by the time we play the grand final.

Essendon Football Club would like to announce it has made a number of changes to its administration structure following the decision of Kevin Dixon, Chief Operating Officer, to leave the club after 10 years’ service.

The revised structure includes the elevation of executives Justin Rodski to Chief Commercial Officer and Brenton Humphreys to the newly created position of Chief Strategy Officer.

Essendon CEO, Xavier Campbell, said the administration changes were made to ensure the club continues to explore new ways to grow.

“We are committed to investing in our people from both a development and servicing perspective, to best position the club for success and to achieve our strategic objectives,” Campbell said.

“The promotion of Justin and Brenton provides the club with a greater focus on strategic growth, and will also improve the overall strength of the club’s business operations.”

“The restructure has also enabled us to increase the capacity of our senior management team which is the engine room of our organisation.”

The changes to the senior management structure include the creation of two new roles, Head of Marketing and Head of Strategy and Investments, and the expanded responsibilities for the Head of Merchandise and Retail Marketing and the Head of Commercial Partnerships and esports roles.

Campbell thanked Dixon for his contribution to the club during his long tenure.

“Kevin has been an incredibly loyal, dedicated and hardworking employee of the club since commencing as our Chief Financial Officer ten years ago,” Campbell said.

“Kevin played an important role in helping guide the club through our most challenging period, he has been a wonderful colleague and great confidant to me.”

Essendon Football Club Executive Team:
Chief Executive Officer – Xavier Campbell
Chief Commercial Officer – Justin Rodski
Chief Strategy Officer – Brenton Humphreys
General Manager Community, Academies and Women’s Football Development – Darren Harris
General Manager People and Culture – Lisa Lawry
General Manager Corporate Services – Chris Pehlivanis
General Manager of Football – Dan Richardson
General Manager The Long Walk and Indigenous Affairs – Leanne Brooke
General Manager List and Recruiting – Adrian Dodoro

1 Like

Clearing salary cap space via our support staff

Damn that football operations spending cap!*

First Neeld… now this bloke. RIP

Rodksi has a few more strings to his bow it seems

*I know his role not in football operations

The boot studder is checking his emails nervously.

Tomorrow, we come up against that bloke who was there under Sheedy…forgotten his name…was a mate of @Bargey.

Think his initials were AS.

I’m expecting Esti Ferighetto, Bistro Supervisor for the Windy Hill Venue, to be next. The chips have not been as hot as some customers want them.

9 Likes

He’ll probably kick 8 to win them the game

Lets face it, the star studded Geelong midfield was shizen last weekend . They are all appalling one way players. They don’t like being pressured and they had no answer, until we switched off in the last.

Its not a good idea to expect our midfield to dominate by applying pressure. If the pressure we brought is our template for the rest of the season, we have a chance to win some more games even against good midfields. So this game is gettable.

We are 2 or 3 games out of the 8, but we have to win 8 out of 12 to make it. That is only drop 4 games from this point.

Lose this and it really is “play the kids”

“Glad it’s not Laverde or Langford, as they need to play extended games togther.”

Yer damn straight they do shawry

Pretty much the same story for the Giants… ■■■■■■■ downhill skiers!

Wrong thread.
Should be posted in w@nkword bingo thread.

1 Like