The Team v.s Richmond Round 23 2022

Watched the vfl from the interchange Sunday. Menzies did very well under very trying conditions. The kid can play. I’d have him before Perkins at this stage.
Voss has a big body but was being instructed to work harder in running back. Not ready yet.
Jones, Reid, Eyre, and Brand are big boys but need to spend a month at Macca’s then gym. Way too thin to be key position yet.

1 Like

Personally, i would have liked Hobbs to play instead of Parish.

Stringer could easily have made way for Menzie.

Bringing Reid in instead of Phillips is a glance into the future, so i cant be critical of that one, even though Phillips gives you a better chance at the W.

Apart from those, im not sure what else people want.
Perhaps Hind out, and Mass plays back, though Hindy was okay last week.

1 Like

Stringer for Menzie?

Aw man Blitz and its love affair for shiny new toys

I think people just want us to actually reward form and effort. Menzie has been fantastic in the VFL lately. Aside from the bag he kicked against North, Stringer has been awful. It’s a pretty reasonable conclusion.

2 Likes

Stringer’s form has been putrid, as has his selfishness.

Nothing to do with Menzie being a better player, obviously.

1 Like

Why are you swearing, and at who ?

1 Like

Sorry, few too many drinks with the boys leads to poor judgement. Love the forum and all things Essendon. Carry on.

1 Like

Too many cheeky reds with the great man K. SHEEDY

4 Likes

Played a bad game 2 weeks ago. Was unlucky to be dropped 3 weeks ago though!

there’s a risk the kids might be decent

3 Likes

when has that ever worked? /s

Board/coach accountable for that one

I think this week really is about atonement for the players that didn’t show up last week.

Hobbs will be part of Essendon going forward, Menzies too.

The minimal changes are because all of these guys listed need to show something.

Reid is the exception he has been named to play on Lynch for a while for a football lesson. Hurls is obv a farewell game.

1 Like

Is there a game this week?

THE game is being played off field.

one omission from the most insipid performance of any side all year

says it all. see ya truck

1 Like

Bur perce these are the rype of games that the youg 'uns cut their teeth on. An experienced confident and arrogant Tiger lineup and their army vs an under the pump young team like us.

I so wish Hobbs, Menzie and Voss were in just becuase they’ll bust a gut. And of the longer term benefit this game (and likely defeat) will have on them all imao…

1 Like

Obviously one last chance to see who really wants to play next year. The number of players that kept their spot from last week’s debacle is staggering.
If they don’t come out for Hurley’s last game and show some spirit, they can all be traded.

1 Like

That’s worked so well for us the 15 other times this season the players have been given a chance to atone

1 Like

Why would Reid need to play in defence at all with Zerk, Ridley, LAV & Kelly all in the side ?

He’s been picked to replace Bryan, only Reid will actually play in the forward line for long periods of this game, and some Ruck (at a guess).