The TEAM vs. Fark Carlton & Weitering (Baguley a late out)

No its actually more about the way SMack was dropped after one poor game in round 1 when others have been given 2-3 chances. IMO if he was picked for round 1 and did not play well then , to be consistent with the selection committees obvious philosophy, he should have been given at least 1 more game.

Grimley to kick 5

Behinds.

FWIW, Dea is the only guy on the bench not named in the VFL team. Gleeson and Crowley were named in the 18.

My guess with absolutely no inside information is:

Interchange: M.Dea, R.Crowley, J.Simpkin, J.Polkinghorne

Emergencies: M.Gleeson, K.Langford, C.McKenna,

A tad harsh on Langford but Dea has to stay, Crowley and Simpkin have earned it and Polks can play mid and up forward which is what we need.

Langford has played his best game and out ( dont think do)

McKenna give him another go

4 top ups and you would run none througj midfield dont think so

Pretty clear also, players need to string together 2-3 consistent “best” performances in the 2s to get another go at AFL level. ( injuries and matchups aside). That hasnt been easy with the staggered start to the season

Would be very surprised if Langford does not play. Was really good last week I thought.

Would be very surprised if Langford does not play. Was really good last week I thought.

Langford . Skill is excellent , Still needs a year to become totally comfortable with the physical “presence” required to play AFL. Having said that, playing at AFL level for 40 games is probably the only way a player can get to that stage.

I have no stats with me in making the following statement. This just feels like what Hird and Thompson did. Even with 12 players being suspended we only gave a debut for Parish.

Tippa and Hartley are ofcourse mature age players. Brown, Bird and Leuy are players from other clubs who have played AFL.

We just aren’t getting games into our younger players.

Long should have got a game this week from playing really good footy consistently. It is Carlton of all club for god sake.

What did Polkinghorne done in the VFL this year to get in the squad for this week?

I don’t see it. Simpkin and Crowley were both excellent last week and no surprise them being elevated, but add in Polkinghorne and you’re bringing in three one paced players, and almost certainly losing pace from the side.

Langford would be stiff to be dropped too. Conservative selections I reckon, bit of an over-reaction to Monday.

How many times do all 3 in’s from an extended bench for a Sunday game get selected?

Never.

I reckon 2 changes.

IN: Crowley and Simpkin being the two as they have had consistent 2’s performance.

OUT: Gleeson and McKenna

Dempsey gets his HBF spot again. Hope he can get back to his best.

Crowley or simpkin in for Mckenna.

I’d prefer no changes though.

Top up city

TOP CITY ■■■■■
TOP TOP CITY ■■■■■
CROWLS POLKS SIMPS CLOGGING UP THE FIFTY ■■■■■

Gleeson names in backline for VFL side. may get dropped, needs to tweak a few things about his game.

Worsfold playing a side who have form I like it.

I have no stats with me in making the following statement. This just feels like what Hird and Thompson did. Even with 12 players being suspended we only gave a debut for Parish.

Tippa and Hartley are ofcourse mature age players. Brown, Bird and Leuy are players from other clubs who have played AFL.

Long should have got a game this week from playing really good footy consistently. It is Carlton of all club for god sake.

What did Polkinghorne done in the VFL this year to get in the squad for this week?

Polkinghorn was BOG last week, so that would be why. Hopefully the kids get a run as the year progresses, but it’s fair enough to let them get their form going in the 2s first. Parish is a bit of an exception I think, a bit like Heppell was.

21 and 22? super mature.

You for real?

Not getting games into our younger players? No stats alright…Count how many players in the team have played less than 10 games, then count how many have played 50 or less. Thing you will find that half the team is inexperienced and therefore “young” players.
How could Long have gotten a game this week? Hello he is on the rookie list. No more upgrades till mid season or LTI.

Who else is avail to debut? Hello only Redman. He has played a couple of good games but he is very slight and as a forward in tbe AFL he would get easily brushed aside. He needs more time.

You need experience in a team!

I reckon :
Out Irish and Gleeson. In Crowley and Simpkin.

Polkinghorn was BOG last week, so that would be why.
No he wasn’t.

(I doubt all three ins are actually in.)

As regards Polk, this is what Matty Egan said:

Polky worked really hard both ways and is starting to find some really consistent form. He was aggressive around the ball.

and the condensed stats:

James Polkinghorne: 18 disposals (eight kicks, 10 handballs), five marks, two tackles, three inside 50’s.

In fact Simkin, ( outside mid) picked up nearly twice the touches, ( sweeping the midfield) While Crowley drifted forward to kick goals when the game was up for grabs.

If its about “influence” imo Crowley will get the nod. Next Simkin for his outside work with Polk selected if they want someone very hard at the contested ball.

Since the result is secondary to how we play and the development of the players I prefer to see as few top ups in the team were possible. As the season goes on and there are more niggles and injuries the top ups will become more valuable. With an almost full list to choose from, one top up in and one top up out fits the situation.

the result is never secondary when we play Carlton. The result is the ONLY thing that matters

Exactly. Not a development game. Must fark carlscum.