The Team vs Sydney

Bellcho is a much stronger body than Jake or Jo. Gotta be full forward for a good part of the night,

he is also less mobile and agile and pretty much as the turning circle of the titanic, added to that he looks really slow and struggling coming back from his injury.
In some ways it's prolly the right thing to bring him back, but god it's a major risk, cos if it fails, it is going to absolutely fail royally.
Can't be any worse than Carlisle's "I'll run with my arms out like I'm an aeroplane and run anywhere except at them" type style that he has going allowing backline players to walk out of defence.
I've learnt to wonder if it can get worse. We could end up with two like that, except belly might not have to much say in playing like that, whereas Carlisle seems like he might.

It exudes: "I can't be farked".

One from left field but can Ambrose play defense? Would be a great match up on Goodes as a mark Bolton run with style role leaving Ryder daniher Carlisle and belly as tall targets fwd during the night

We're you in my brain at lunchtime today? As I was going for my regular walk along the Yarra I was thinking about how Bolton always had the better of Goodes due to his aerobic capacity. He was the one guy with size who could keep up with him. Ambrose is a fair sized unit and has a similar aerobic capacity so it might be something worth thinking about.

Bellcho is a much stronger body than Jake or Jo. Gotta be full forward for a good part of the night,

he is also less mobile and agile and pretty much as the turning circle of the titanic, added to that he looks really slow and struggling coming back from his injury.
In some ways it's prolly the right thing to bring him back, but god it's a major risk, cos if it fails, it is going to absolutely fail royally.

Can't be any worse than Carlisle's "I'll run with my arms out like I'm an aeroplane and run anywhere except at them" type style that he has going allowing backline players to walk out of defence.

I've learnt to wonder if it can get worse.  We could end up with two like that, except belly might not have to much say in playing like that, whereas Carlisle seems like he might.

Yes,  if it fails,  adapt,  put him in the ruck or on the bench and put Paddy in full forward as selected.  Mix it up.  It keeps the defenders guessing.   Sheeds was moderately successful as a coach .  He moved players a lot.  He adapted ,  he tried things.  Didnt always come off,  when they did it was just because he had the guts  to try things.

Ambrose better run like a flanker because we are very tall now.

Crash and bash time bombers!

Essendon need to tag Kennedy and Hannebury.  Whos the second tagger ?   Ambrose.... big tank, strong body.  He should take Hannebury  

Heath Hocking on Kennedy.  Lets see how it works out.  I want to see those match ups .

We probably need Howlett out there to be honest.

So Howlett, Winderlich, Chapman away from our best side.

I feel confident. Reckon we will knock them off.

I’m a bit ■■■■■■ at Chappy for getting suspended. He would have been very handy for this game (yes I know he’d be handy in all games). It’s just a big solid body to counter Sydney’s solid bodies would have been good.

I'm a bit ***** at Chappy for getting suspended. He would have been very handy for this game (yes I know he'd be handy in all games). It's just a big solid body to counter Sydney's solid bodies would have been good.

His foot is stuffed and he can't kick goals. Three weeks off will probably do him good.

Need to find someone who is going to put the pressure on in our forward 50, McVeigh and Shaw need to be accountable or they will kill us.

I don't mind going in absolute underdogs because it lowers my expectations, but we need to lift tenfold before we even get close.

Hard to see a win happening against this mob when we've be struggling to kick 10 goals lately.

Hope I'm wrong. It would be a huge confidence booster for them.

So Howlett, Winderlich, Chapman away from our best side.

Kommer

Rapt to see T-Bell back, but that side is waaaay too top-heavy IMO. A forward line of Daniher, Carlisle, Ambrose AND Bellchambers? Even if they shift Carlisle to defence, I don't think it'll work well with Hooker, Hurley and Fletch already there.
Too tall up forward without any decent small forward options...really surprised that Hardy wasn't given an opportunity considering we're already without Winderlich and Chapman. Thought that Howlett would've got another shot too, purely for his defensive pressure and tackling.
Unless we're marking absolutely everything in sight, Sydney are going to waltz the footy out of their defense easier than, well, Brisbane did. Hopefully the Merrett brothers are confined to the forward half; we need some zip up there for when the ball hits the deck.

Our fwd line too top-heavy?
Have you seen our opponents fwds?
You mean our opponents' more mobile, instinctive, in-form forwards? Yeah, I've seen them.
EDIT: Reasonably more experienced, too.
Tippett, Buddy, Reid & Goodes = 700 games
Daniher, Bellchambers, Carlisle & Ambrose = 134 games
I get ya point.
But Carlisle and Daniher hasn't worked at all this year. Maybe Belly stuck at FF is the solution which allows one of JC/JD to be the decoy.
Also, pretty much forces Reid to stay back since Richards and Grundy will be engaged with 2 outta 3.
Yeah, I don't mind trialling a Daniher/Carlisle/T-Bell combo up forward...it was probably the plan all pre-season anyway. It's the addition of another tall (in this instance, Ambrose) that makes it unbalanced IMO. Anyway, I'll be at the game hoping like hell I'm wrong and it all works wonderfully.

I agree.
I do think Benny will be back straight after the bye. I reckon it's planned to give him the break of 3 weeks mid season. He is a vital in close player. Reckon he will finish the season strong.
Aylett came in for him last week - they need to give him a couple of weeks at the least.

Heads up, NSW native Troy Pannell is umpiring. The biggest Essendon-hater umpire there is.

I expect nothing less than cheating tomorrow night from him.

Carlie Cameron looks the small forward we need.

Geez I’m so rapt Harry O doesn’t play for us.

I can't see Belly doing anything other than standing in the square

PLUCK'N TIL THE EARLY MORN

He's named in the VFL team, so I'd say he was dropped not rested.

Happy with the included names. Worried about their readiness.

Our overall energy levels and intensity will be more telling anyway.