The TEAM vs the Tarps

2018: Profit?

4 Likes

No Langford is disappointing. Not because they refuse to pick him but because evidently they donā€™t think heā€™s ready to come back in yet. Only a matter of time I guess. Meanwhile, we wait.

Sadly he needs that tap on the shoulder

By recently do you mean the saga years? Or perhaps you mean the Knights yearsā€¦ either way neither support your argument.

1 Like

Last decade and a half. It supports it. You choose to ignore it.

Heā€™s ready. And they know heā€™s ready. Just building up the fire in the belly. The kid absolutely hates not playing 1ā€™s.

14 Likes

Itā€™s just that heā€™s one of the few not getting the chance to play consecutive games when he comes in. And his last two single games have been interstateā€¦ which he doesnā€™t perform well in historically anyway. He may well be cooked, but heā€™s not getting the best chance to prove himself

1 Like

Interesting how everyone is complaining about not getting games into kids yet the lineup this week still includes over a quarter of team with less than 50 games experience.

McGrath 10 games
McKenna 21 games
Stewart 22 games
Hartley 26 games
Tippa 32 games
Fantasia 38 games

I think a bit of perspective is needed.

20 Likes

Yep and Parish, McNeice and Langford have all gotten games this year too.

2 Likes

Langford had a more than fair 4 week run and needed to go back to VFL to find some footy and confidence. Im glad hes hitting some form. Next run he gets he needs to get his Avg 12 possies up to around at 18-20 (hopefully more if he hits form.)

It wont do any players confidence any good unless you back them in for a 4 week stretch.

Myers needs to do more this week and Stewart needs to bring more of what he did 3 or 4 games ago.

If Myers comes good he has 3 - 4 years of footy in him.

They are part of any finals tilt over the next few years if they come good.

6 Likes

Jeez i stuffed that up.

1 Like

Langford will play every game in 2018, Woosha is still figuring out which of the 10 have something to offer. Once heā€™s made his call, that will be that (see Bird).

2 Likes

Fwiw Iā€™d play Langford over Howlett, but then I wouldnā€™t have dropped Langers in the first place.

Right so weā€™re choosing to ā€œmanageā€ Langford in the VFL so that ā€œplayers that donā€™t have long careers ahead of themā€ can continue to stink it up in the seniors. Sound decision making there. but fine whatever, but can we at least bring in Bird, Dea, Mutch or literally anyone else that could potentially have an impact? I love Howlett and will miss his 14 possession, 10 handball games with no impact like the next person, but Iā€™d literally rather pump games into anyone else. Hell even Jackson Merrettā€¦I understand now wanting to throw kids to the wolves but can we at least not trot out the same aging spuds and expect different results every week?

Also I donā€™t see the point in gifting Stanton random games then dropping him the next week. At least give him a send off game in the midfield so we can enjoy his running one last time, heā€™d do a better job than what Myers is.

1 Like

I thought Stanton was clearly better than Howlett last week so I think Howlett lucky again. I would have removed both and added Langford.

How much more fire does he need? Must be close?!

Can I just emphasise how much I dislike Port, probably going to explode on Sat between the umpires and wingard.

13 Likes

Dea unlucky IMO, especially with Myers still seeming to bob up around the backline.

Surprised to see Stewart hold his spot - wouldnā€™t be against having McKernan in for him this week as a mobile third tall who can pinch hit in the ruck. Also allows us to keep Joey forward.

I like that weā€™re settling the team down without too many changes from week to week, however there are a few blokes whoā€™d wanna bounce back with some better performances on Saturday night.

Stewart, Howlett, Myers & Colyer, Iā€™m looking at you.

1 Like

I donā€™t ignore it. I see it for what it is. We should have won 99 and 2001ā€¦ we were ready again when Hirdy took overā€¦ Fate thought otherwise. Teams ebb and flow thatā€™s just the nature of the beast.

I believe weā€™re a year maybe two away from being a legitimate flag contender. Finals experience is invaluable, if thereā€™s a chance of finals experience we must take it.

5 Likes

Could you imagine the crowd if we made finals?

Worth it for that alone

4 Likes