The truth (about the history of Blitz)

Yeah Heppel was possibly best on ground up until that moment.

Concussion perhaps?

See you & others are completely missing his point. Its NOT that we lost to 2nd on the ladder or that we lost to Richmond a few weeks back or even that we lost to Carlton a terrible terrible side who couldn’t even get close to the second last side on the ladder yesterday. Its the combination of 15 years of failure & worse still the feeling that we haven’t even yet accepted the shambles we are & genuinely doing whats needed to be done.

2 Likes

No excuses next year if we don’t win a final Woosha gets the sack and we bring Caracella

So what are you going to do about it other than whinge to some people you don’t know on a forum? Maybe go cry in the bathroom. Or break your remote. That’ll learn 'em!

9 Likes

What do we genuinely need to do?

WOB, you’re a top poster and the current situation is tough when we lose games like today…

But stick with us. Just think back to only a few weeks ago and your posts after watching us beat West Coast in Perth… there was a happiness and love for the club in your posts that isn’t worth giving away, especially after today when despite the disappointment of not getting the points we still pushed a very, very good side. And both clubs today had key players missing.

We knew after Carlton our season was over (2-6) but not many clubs turn around such a pitiful performance into a season where we’ve had some cracking wins and probably have a few more on the run home. Our focus needs to shift now to 2019 and whilst the depressing finals drought continues… it’s going to be taste so great when we do eventually get there and do well. Whether it’s next year or 5 years time.

Let’s not forget Richmond were losing games by 20 goals this time two years ago… now look at them. Collingwood were getting smashed (by us!) this time last year and have turned it around.

I know we will too. And it will be worth it.

6 Likes

I’m sick of waiting for next year. I’m sick of seasons being over before they’ve even started. Really flat tonight.

5 Likes

The umps can eat something!

1 Like

Is that somehow worse than being an apologist for failure like you?

When will it click when?

Hooker is a year younger than Pendlebury.
Hurley is only 1 year older than Sidebottom.

KP players generally last a little longer than on ballers.

1 Like

Who cares really. There’s bigger problems in the world. We could well have won today, would we be sooking then? Sack Buckley!.. Oh…

I’m hoping we win a flag while we still have McGrath.

3 Likes

I’m hoping we win a flag before I die.

I’m 35

14 Likes

The sad thing is I can’t disagree with anything Wob has said and we all know deep down he’s right.

Yeah we had a few good wins this year, just like every year. We can celebrate winning more games than we lose in the last half of the year and meanwhile it’s ANOTHER failed year. We have good wins every year and every year we are fckn failures who do nothing, this year is just like all the others in recent memory We can play some exciting football but we just don’t have the hard work or grit required to win when the going gets tough. Our gameplan of run and gun can’t handle hard work consistently and every kid coming into the side is indoctrinated with the notion that exciting football is more important that scrappy wins. I know you’ll get a few people saying “that’s not true” but it’s proven onfield. For every exciting win we have a ton of Carlton/Brisbane losses.

Right now is the PERFECT tie to play some kids but you can be rest assured guys like David Myers will stink it up in the senior side until around Round 22. You shut down our run and carry and you very, very often sink us. This post won’t get the likes that the “stick with the club” posts will but maybe it’s time to change it up or try something different or do something, ANYTHING different…

5 Likes

I’m hoping to see a flag in my lifetime (being 9 years old doesn’t count).

Least you have decent memories of one…

1 Like

Start by maybe looking at a team like say Collingwood & trying to identify what they’ve done that we haven’t which has seen them go past us again. They put everything into rebuilding their midfield. They traded aggressively (something we didn’t come close to before last year) & have had a clear focus of building a strong midfield core. We have a shallow midfield talent pool & its been an area of weakness for at least 15 years. Their backline was undersized kids today but it contained our forwards because they have a midfield that makes scoring against them hard. Their forwards were mostly undersized (Cox the obvious exception) but again they got the job done highlighting once again how ineffective kp talls are when the midfield is getting beaten.

1 Like

I’m 36

Collingwood has hardly beaten a top 8 team. Dunno why everyone is blowing their load about how good they are. Bet you they’ll make the 8 and get thumped in the first round, and if they make the top 4 get bundled out in straight sets

2 Likes