The Wrestling Thread

I reckon Ambrose is giving it away. I’m thinking he might be done with the business and won’t be going to AEW.

I’m sure WWE will ask him back for a pay per views in the future, but I reckon he is done with full time. At least if he just does just pay per views he’ll be treated like a headliner.

Ha, I didn’t need to watch indy shows to see Brooksy: he got a couple minutes of screen and even a fragment of talk time on the Hall of Fame red carpet show. Looked and sounded like a dork from Dingley.

I was watching RAW last night and stayed up for the main event as soon as the extra stuff happened I turned it off and went to bed.

1 Like

I was actually glad they ruined that main event on Raw… I was certain they were going to strip Kingston of the Belt after 1 day.

The bar coming out made no sense tho.

Buddy Murphy seems to heading back to NXT and a fued with my boy Velvateen Dream. Shut up and take my money

And then mocked either the people on the end of that light or the light technicians on Smackdown. Ha.

RIP Miz, Ricochet (no freakin’ lasers!), War Machine War Raiders The Viking Experience (legit WTF on that name change), Cedric Alexander (how does he still have a first and last name?!?), Andrade and Zelina, Rey, The Usos, Sami, EC3, Natalya, and AJ.

Well, AJ might get a decent run.

Eric “2 names” Young gets out of the neglected Sanity, I guess?

And a few others I don’t really care about.

Not sure I’d want to trust Lacey Evans to hit that moonsault on me. Nice this time, but we saw at the Rumble that she can be a serious unco.

Bit awkward with Zayn failing to burn his home crowd though. That’s not a compliment you want.

Finn can be an emergency for the new Smackdown Six (if we can scrounge up that many by the end of the show). Had a good couple days.

Credit to the person with the ‘Man of the Year’ poster.

LOL Bayley. She switches and the crowd boos her before she says a thing. They gave freakin’ Billy Kay more love than her!

Not Sky Pirates… boooooooooooooooo. Oh well, I guess Asuka gets to do something.

MATT SILVA! You’re in The Six.

And Chad Gable swapped off-screen.

Bu no, it’s all about face Reigns.

Meanwhile, Luke Harper publicly requests out.

FFS.

Hopefully people are interested in big men who can work.

Aaaaaaand that’s gone. Viking Raiders now (and their individual names become Erik and Ivar).

One step forward, one step back.

They also continue undoing various bits of the “Shake-up”, including Andrade/Vega returning to the Smackdown Six and therefore splitting up Black and Ricochet (all married couples get to stay together).

Cesaro goes to Raw, with Sheamus out with injury (for good?!?).

Talking to myself, but ooooooookay…

What the actual ■■■■ is that

Literally done with WWE. Completely lost interest. I jumped back on about 4 years ago, after giving it away when the Attitude Era ended.

I might jump back on for the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. But that’s about it.

Remember when Bray Wyatt won the WWE title and had a title match at Wrestlemania… yeah me neither…

Millie McKenzie (as seen on NXT UK, but presumably not signed) was at MCW tonight: yeah, the hype is real (if she can talk; she has charisma, can tell a story, and the wrestling thing is already fantastic). Still only 18yo!

Her match vs Kellyanne was one of three to particularly stand out. The others were Dowie James vs two super heavyweights in Tommy Knight and T-Rex (everyone looked like a star) and the re-juggled main event after Slex was a late withdrawal. Loverboy took his spot vs Robbie Eagles and while it may not have been the five star match the original promised it was blooody good. Bye for the moment, Robbie, kill it at Best of the Super Juniors!

Did anyone get to Lucha DownUnderground last night? Had some nice match-ups, including Maddog vs Mil Muertes.

JXT is one of those at the WWE tryout this weekend in Orlando.

The guy annoys me as his primary fanbase seems to be swooning teenagers, but as a 25yo he’s pretty competent (he started when he was 17) and is widely travelled locally with a few forays overseas as well.

Ow.

Gives me an excuse to post one of my favourite ref videos:

I think the new Bray Wyatt stuff is amazing and all from his own creation. Basically trying to get to you through your kids and hide his evil through a friendly facade. At first glance it’s a silly “kids show” but look deeper… it’s supposed to give off creepy vibes of his past, and gets darker every week. All the “friends” are takes on past characters, and this week he had the burning alive house painting that he once mentioned… and at 2:50 with a sudden serious face “all you have to do is…let me in”.

Well… this is interesting. As I recall Mr Moxley isn’t one to splash money around, so presumably someone else paid for this expensive video… Some might read the double dice near the end as a clue.