The Wrestling Thread

Its in the queue but not yet.

Anybody that likes wrestling documentaries, give the Dark Side of the Ring a go (outside chance it shows up here on FTA as it is a Viceland production). There are 6 x 40min eps delving into:

• Macho Man & Elizabeth
  • Montreal Screwjob
  • The Von Erichs
  • Death of Bruiser Brody
  • Fabulous Moolah
  • Death of Gino Hernandez

Have watched the first ep (Savage) and it was very good, aside from the stupid decision to have re-enactments (which presumably continues across the series).

They’re also doing an off-shoot which I think is just cuts from their Vice series on wrestling related stuff like Voodoo wrestling in the Congo.

They’re already doing their best and with the Saudi blood money and the new TV deals from USA & Fox, WWE is tossing around heaps of cash to make people change their minds!

• Anderson & Gallows turned down what were said to be contracts worth stupid money ($2-3m over 5 years). They’ll be finishing up within the year.
  • The Revival formally requested their release, were rejected and given the belts instead, but they’ve recently also turned down contracts similar to those Gallows & Anderson knocked back…thus leading to their storylines the past few weeks
  • Sasha requested her release, again rejected and told to stay home and think things through
  • The Kanellis allegedly also requested their release (which Maria has refuted)…but she’s been teasing their contracts are up in 3 weeks
  • Luke Harper requested his release after sitting at home for 6 months waiting for creative to find something for him. To which Vince said ■■■■ you, you can’t do a good Southern accent (actual legit reason why Vince doesn’t like him), instead of releasing you we’re going to tack on all that injury time to your contract, so you can sit at home thinking about where your career could be if you didn’t suck at being a Southener.

I hope Dustin gets paid all his blood money.

Vince is raging at WWE Talent wishing AEW well.

did they mention the savage and steph rumours?

That they’re wrestlers?

Didn’t touch it with a barge-pole, but it wouldn’t have fit the program, which was all about Savage/Elizabeth in WWE and that giant arc on TV and what the relationship was like behind the scenes, before concluding with the WCW days with Luger.

Bruce Pritchard and Scott Hall who were interviewed for the piece have refuted it on other platforms and someone put this timeline together that suggests the rumour was started a long time after even the net became commonplace (which roughly fits with Pritchard first hearing about it in 2006).

I’ve only just started listening to it, but Moxley is absolutely eviscerating the WWE creative experience and “stupid old man” Vince on this week’s Talk is Jericho.

1 Like

Yeah I just read the recap of it. Vince is killing his own company bit by bit.if AEW was smart they would go head to head with Vince on Monday’s. If there was ever a time for another company to really do some damage to wwe it’s now.

It’s on SBS on Demand

Pooper Scooper

1 Like

Maybe was just my eyes but Taker looked legitimately ■■■■■■ at the end of the match as if he knew that was an absolute shambles of a main event

Lol. I seen that small clip of Goldberg vs Undertaker.

:laughing:

What a perfect time AEW to be launching their product right now.

WWE is f*cked. They are a shambles of a company. I gave up watching after Wrestlemania, and haven’t regretted it.

Gold. But maybe safer to not go back next year.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m with Riddle and willing to LIKE Goldberg copping a bit of his own.

1 Like

Jeeeeeeepers. Did he die?

1 Like

Im actually amazed he didn’t break his neck,the scary part is he had already concussed himself by diving headfirst into the ring post( there is a gif of it). Then that happened on top of that…

He got undertaker back by pretty much giving him a jackhammer on his neck

From what I did it was like 50 degrees or something in the arena when they wrestled. Two old guys who barely wrestle, in that sort of heat was a disaster waiting to happen

Imo undertaker is destroying his legacy by continuing to wrestle. He didn’t even work WrestleMania this year but he goes over there to get the Saudi money. He is a shell of what he used to be. It’s not quite at ric flair levels of bad yet,but it’s getting very close

I haven’t watched this but I saw an image of Goldberg coming out with a little spot of blood on his forehead already?

Is the silly bugger still concussing himself before matches even start?

Get nicked. Per Cagematch, Flair had almost 400 matches in the nine years after he was Undertaker’s current age, and a lot of them were good and more importantly a lot of them were entertaining.

(To help visualise that, Flair joined WWE in 2002 and the nine year period runs from 2003, being five years with WWE and a small number of matches elsewhere, mostly with TNA.)

1 Like