The Wrestling Thread

Yeah, I’ve got no idea why you’d announce who will be in the Rumble. So f*cking stupid.

The pop they would have gotten for Rhodes coming in last, if they hadn’t told everyone he’s in it…… and literally telling everyone that he’d Win it leading up to the Rumble, with all the come back segments.

1 Like

That was ■■■■■■■ awesome.

2 Likes

What in heck is Bray Wyatt doing with this uncle Howdy BS? He’s ruined his own career not with the hokey stuff, but with every single match being utterly abysmal. He’s hurt himself by looking too strong, which started with that Rollins abomination awhile back and to this. Good grief. Did he learn nothing from his last failed run? Lose the puppets, lose the gimmick matches and lose Uncle Howdy and try having decent matches.

Rumble I thought was average. Everyone knew Chody was winning it because they told everyone he was winning it beforehand. He comes in 30 and wins it. At least put him in earlier and have him struggle for victory, and not beat an underdog heel that lasted over an hour. I hoped Sami was in it but they knew the crowd would turn on Chody if he was so instead we get guys like…Omos…

I thought there was too many moments of everyone standing around and waiting, not to mention by the time the next entrant had got to the ring there was another countdown.

Skipped the womens rumble obviously.

Lets see how they keep the bloodline interest going now.

1 Like

The women’s rumble was 10x more interesting than the mens.

6 Likes

well that last bit just about blew my speakers out

This can’t just end up in a tag belt run for Sami.

Split the belts at the chamber. Roman loses one to Seth via Sami shenanigans and Cody can chase that one. Sami goes at the one Roman has left.

WM Night 1
Cody vs Seth

WM Night 2
Roman vs Sami

Sure they won’t just have her challenge Flair and have lose the match clean and set her career back about 5 years, it is the WWE after all?

Have a look online at footage from the crowd and Uncle Howdy didn’t even get near LA Knight when he jumped off the platform.

1 Like

Sami winning the belt from Roman with Jey taking out Jimmy and Solo to stop them from assisting Roman.

I’m not so sure.

Ripley has the heat atm, and has had it for 6 months now. Even more so than both Champions.

They’ve been building her up for a long time.

Who knows if Vince is back pulling the strings…… but I think post mania is Triple H’s first run at it.

Vince had set the plan for Mania 23. I don’t think anything has changed. I still think it will either be Rhodes or the Rock as the headliner.

Its criminal if it doesn’t end up with Sami vs Roman at mania.

Get a belt on Rollins somehow and run back Seth vs Cody for a world title

I totally agree the sensible thing would be for Ripley to win a belt at Wrestlemania, it will give her and Judgement Day additional legitimacy. I will be more comfortable they will do that if she fueds with Belair instead of Flair.

It’ll be interesting to see how they play it.

There’s still 2 months til Mania. It often feels like a long time between the Rumble and Mania.

The only Pay Pay view before mania, is the Elimination Chamber.

But they could easily set Reigns up for 2 title matches over 2 nights at Wrestlemania if they wanted to.

Only watched 2 matches of the PPV.

Men’s rumble- was ok. Couple of thoughts

A lot of the guys I had no idea who they were. What’s with the guy who kept shooshing everyone?

Lesnar has the easiest deal in wrestling. Come in for a few minutes, beat everyone up and get eliminated

Way too much standing around waiting for someone new

Cody as the winner? Really? That’s the best they can do. The guy just isn’t a draw. He wasn’t in AEW and he won’t be in WWE. Having the guy at 30 win it ( as a baby face) is really cheap and doesn’t do him any favours. If you are going to have him win it, put him in at 15 or something.

Booker T is in great shape for someone his age

Fast forwarded through the women’s rumble, except I saw that Nia Jas returned as still looks as big as a house. She couldn’t have done a bit of cardio while she was way?

Watched the main event( mainly to see if the rock would show up). Meh. Roman still does nothing for me, Owens has never done anything for me. I will never understand the fascination with Zayn. He looks like a homeless guy and has a terrible body.

Good news is it was free, so didn’t have to subscribe to anything

You’ve never heard of Chad Gable? He’s only been on the Roster since 2012

I have heard the name before, but don’t remember seeing him, I don’t watch wwe every week. Only read the results online( if something reads like it’s good then I will find a clip on YouTube)

I lost my mind love this new Auska going with her old school Kana look

1 Like

ive always thought that the story has been more about the Sami & Jey dynamic than with Roman

Reigns is only ever on TV every 3 weeks, so it makes sense.

Here is my live review that was an awesome experience but I’ll get the disappointments out of the way

• Not enough suprises in the rumbles in terms of entrants

• The 3 non-rumble matches weren’t that great

• just really wanted Rock or Austin but was always going to be a Hope rather than guarantee

On the crowd noise yeah it was quiet for a bit but after being in San-Antonio for a few days I can understand why. There were some huge pops though like Lashley eliminating Lesnar, Edge return ,Rhodes at 30, Becky Lynch entrance, Asuka new look reveal and of course the big one with Sami hitting Roman with the chair.

It was an awesome experience really just being surrounded with wrestling nuts with their titles and cosplays. The entrances were loud and more impactful than through the TV. Was super stoked with Ripleys win a lot of people around us weren’t so stocked but I was sure to yell out a “* yeah aussies!”

2 Rumbles really kills the crowd though I think it might make more sense to change the Rumble to a 2 night event to really get the most out of it. My voice was pretty tired by the time the women’s rumble came around.

I probably left it to late to see the Royal Rumble with alot of my favourites all done and dusted but I’ll never forget the experience!

7 Likes