The Wrestling Thread

If you want to hear a some entertaining interviews, go on youtube and search for Jim Cornette shoot interviews. Very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odh0BZ6AYf4

And as screwy as 'Bound for Glory' was, at times… I felt a lot less insulted than I did after 'Hell in a Cell'. FFS.

Wait, you actually bought a TNA PPV? And gave Vince more money after the horrendous booking since SummerSlam including non-finishes of PPV mains or finishes they reverse the next night?

You're just asking to be disappointed.

I know the net is up in arms about the finish but that is WWE booking 101, I haven't seen RAW in months and even just reading the reports you could see the turn coming a mile away, no matter how illogical it would be from a HBK history standpoint. Undoubtedly they're shooting themselves in the foot with Bryan like they did when they fed Punk to Nash/Trips when he was at his most over, but in Vince world storylines like this aren't going to resolve themselves with the hero triumphing until Mania.

Who said I bought said PPVs? The internet is a useful place  :rolleyes: 

The stupid thing is no one is going to seriously bother booing a retired HBK. Which makes the ending thoroughly uninteresting — apart from how much the kick missed by!

Wow…a wrestling thread…WOW!

When I first discovered the internet wrestling was my chat room of choice. All through the WWF/WCW days it was like the the best soap opera/ gossip show around.

Although I have very much outgrown it now I still believe Vince McMahon to be a genius and I will always have a little place in my heart for The Rock, Triple H and Shawn Micheals…oh yeah probably SCSA as well.

Who said I bought said PPVs? The internet is a useful place  :rolleyes:

People I know who download PPVs don't do it religiously, they're either excited enough about the show to buy it, or they're eh and read the reports of the show and then if it gets good reviews they'll decide it is worth downloading and investing 3 hours of their time on.

Corporate Kane woooo!

RAW_1067_Photo_236.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Have they given him the "JBL" makeover?

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Have they given him the "JBL" makeover?

If only (I love JBL's commentary). This might be more of a "JL" makeover (John Lauranitis).

There are so many things I enjoy about this video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY2wB5JImsE[/youtube]

Well, that video certainly farks up his record of never having been involved in anything entertaining… But, as usual, not in a good way.

You obviously don't remember him shouting at the phone during McMahon's Million Dollar Giveaway a couple of years back.

And you must have missed the Smackdown match a couple of weeks back when him and Jinder Mahal had a Cobra-charming-battle mid match.

Card for todays PPV is putrid.

I usually start watching regularly again at MacGyver Series in order to gear up for the big one, but I'm not going to bother until the Rumble this year. My passionate hatred for Randy Orton being reason numero uno.

For me its putting the WHC on cena. Why not bring someone up by putting the WHC on them someone like a Cody Rhodes? or Seth Rollins?

Nah I get what they're doing there. The WWE title is tied up in the Corporation 2.0 story, and throwing Cena in that mix would just fk it all up. So you're left with your top star, and a belt that's doing nothing, so it's pretty obvious you'd pair those two things up.

Nah I get what they're doing there. The WWE title is tied up in the Corporation 2.0 story, and throwing Cena in that mix would just fk it all up. So you're left with your top star, and a belt that's doing nothing, so it's pretty obvious you'd pair those two things up.

Care to reevaluate now they're teasing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz huh? What? Must've drifted off, where was I? Oh yeah, teasing Borton/Cena mk 50. Snore.

The other reason to chuck the WHC on Cena was since the brand split ended their "SmackDown" house shows have usually drawn dead given they often stack their "RAW" brand stuff, so this'll mean they might get a few more sell-outs.

Ridiculously sad when one of the old Big 4 PPVs has 2 pointless mains - Cena vs. anyone and your headline match is an ■■■■-backwards transitional match for Show-H. Before Vince killed it, Survivor Series used to be a must watches along with the Rumble, as there was a big point of difference that separated it from every other PPV.

I'm glad the crowd gave it donuts. Orton vs anyone is boring as a boring mcboringfest, but against Cena it ventures into complete ambivalence territory.

The only time Orton has ever been involved in any kind of decent feud was when he was going up against Mick Foley, and that was nearly a decade ago.

He is just a boring wrestler, whether he is a babyface or heel.

I haven't watched a full Raw or Smackdown for years. Flick it on every now and then. Haven't bought a PPV since last years Wrestlemania. I only bought that to see The Rock in the main event. It's just so dull now, no good personalities good or bad.

The sooner they decide to push Roman Reigns as an unstoppable face spearing his way through his obstacle the better. He's the next main man of the company. Have him turn on the Shield, have Triple H throw everything at him, even a fued with Ambrose about "betrayal". Then get to a point where the only one bwteen Reigns and a title is Orton (or maybe Cena?). But please, anything but another 12 minute Big SHow main event match.

While I'm not going to bag anything to do with the Shield (are they capable of having a bad match?), Reigns is probably too green to go alone yet. He was put with two experienced guys for a reason.

And having said that, that was a very nice opener, and I marked the fark out when he intercepted Rey.

(Who was the idiot who thought the main face should eliminate Cesaro immediately after the two big swings? Lucky the crowd didn't boo that one into oblivion.)

(As for the rest: Cena-Alberto did a better-than-average job of convincing me Cena might lose; big men versus Best+Beard was decent; and the rest was rubbish. LOL at the Daniel Bryan chants during the main event.)