The Wrestling Thread

Two big changes coming

1. SmackDown will now be a live Tuesday show from July 19
  2. The Brand Extension will be return - draft date TBC
Two big changes coming

And Creative still didn’t have anything for Rhodes Scholars…

Weird as f*ck they still make Rollins heel, but doesn’t surprise me knowing the stubborness in refusing to make Reigns heel.

Two big changes coming

They barely have the talent or nous for a basic raw, let alone splitting the roster.

They have a zillion wrestlers. Here’s example rosters someone wrote up (yeah, even if RAW has an extra hour to fill, it’s a bit unbalanced).

The nous, I’ll concede that may be harder to arrange.

RAW (United States Championship, Tag Team Championship)

John Cena
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Brock Lesnar
Paul Heyman
Bray Wyatt
Luke Harper
Erick Rowan
Braun Strowman
Rusev
Lana
Xavier Woods
Kofi Kingston
Big E
Kalisto
Sin Cara
Big Cass
Enzo Amore
Aiden English
Simon Gotch
Curtis Axel
Bo Dallas
Heath Slater
Bubba Ray Dudley
D-Von Dudley
Jimmy Uso
Jey Uso
Goldust
R-Truth
Epico
Primo
Konnor
Viktor
Jack Swagger
Alberto Del Rio
Sheamus
Big Show
Chris Jericho
Titus O’Neil
Kane
Undertaker
Triple H
The Rock

SmackDown (Intercontinental Championship, Women’s Championship)

Cesaro
Kevin Owens
Sami Zayn
The Miz
Maryse
Randy Orton
Zack Ryder
AJ Styles
Luke Gallows
Karl Anderson
Finn Bálor
Shinsuke Nakamura
Baron Corbin
Apollo Crews
Charlotte
Emma
Dana Brooke
Alicia Fox
Paige
Natalya
Becky Lynch
Sasha Banks
Summer Rae
Tamina
Naomi
Eva Marie
Nia Jax
Bayley
Rosa Mendes
Brie Bella
Fandango
Tyler Breeze
Darren Young
Dolph Ziggler
Neville

SD > Raw then.

The guys in the IC race are killing it atm

I know they have a “zillion” wrestlers DJR, but how many are quality? You’re not telling me guys like Fandango are gonna become flag bearers or even watchable midcarders? I’m not talking “promising” NXT talent I’m talking genuine talent. Enzo & Big Cass are certainly talent. You do need stars to get over the promising guys. I’m probably too pessimistic and don’t really feel any confidence that they can come up with consistent storylines that are compelling on a regular basis. I have a bad feeling they’ll revert to the usual intro of random singles match, middle chock full of meaningless filler matches and the usual tag main events. This is what killed it last time, I’m still having convulsions thinking about Teddy “tag team match” Long strutting out every smackdown for 5 years and giving us a random “tag team match” between a bunch of heels and faces for the end of smackdown.

Honestly how sht was that. Teddy fcking Long…jesus…tag team matches…lazy way of telling everyone you have no creative direction. Just have Teddy go out and give a random tag match and pipe in some crowd cheers. And you just know which spuds they’ll chuck over to Smackdown…I’m seeing Del Rio, Sheamus, Big Show, Jack Swagger…ugh. They might even throw Ambrose over there (can they just turn him heel already!).

BUT if they can do it right, actually produce quality writing it’d be a massive boost to the company. They should have one world champion, have him defend on both when required. It may force them to actually write out stories and interesting angles for wrestlers that would otherwise get filler matches.

Something I’d love to see (considering how they have done the impossible and stuffed them) is get the Wyatt’s over to Smackdown and just have them slow burn with a good story…just infest it. I mean just slowly have them win matches, have Bray cut his promos and have anyone that gets near him squashed… over time and I mean over a while, they could have them kidnap and recruit members until it gets to a point where wrestlers would be scared to walk down alleys backstage. You could have Steph at the beginning endorse them (as they’re heels), but slowly get more worried as they just infest everything as they also bring out Sister Abigail. Think Ministry kind of story but build Bray into a superstar and have viewers compelled to see how their favourites will overthrow them. Let it get to a stage where Vince is “worried”.

Oh sure, you want early 2000s Smackdown Six, not the more recent flop. Whatever they do, they can’t make Smackdown seem less insignificant.

At the moment I watch for AJ freakin’ Styles. For a guy that has now lost his first three feuds in the WWE, he’s doing alright for himself and making everyone he meets look real good (and even others he hasn’t met — say thanks, Rusev!)

If you haven’t watched his RAW segment from today, well worth it. Had the crowd eating out of his hands, both times. The reaction tonight also proved, albeit indirectly, that Roman Reigns is deadset 100% unrecoverable as a face.

(Yes, I’m being vague; just watch that part at least.)

Make Raw more Raw-ish

Make NXT into Smack Down

Make NXT … More NXT-ish?

Two big changes coming

Interesting

Will they still have the hairdryer?

Seth Rollins documentary is pretty good.

They acted like he was hiding out at Extreme Rules before the return. Would it really have been a secret from everyone, even Reigns?

Ok so Cena is back.

I wish this could happen:

Cena, Rock And Orton v Bullet Club with Triple H special guest referee.

So they’re turning AJ into a heel, keeping Rollins as a heel, and continuing with Cena and Reigns as faces?

Ok so Cena is back.

I wish this could happen:

Cena, Rock And Orton v Bullet Club with Triple H special guest referee.

Not sure if urine-extracting, or markiest mark that ever marked.

Who are you proposing to lose this match, and why do you want HHH to bury all six of them by being the centre of the story?

TM61 go alright, NXT crowd liking them too.

TM61 <<<< the rest of TMDK, who are KILLING it in Melbourne City Wrestling at the moment as invading heel faction.

It was a very good show last week. Pretty boy heel Emmanuelle was destroyed by his previous bodyguard Cousin Ali (amazingly I failed to get a chant of ALI BOMAYE working, despite it being exactly what the crowd was thinking). Crowd loved the beatdown and LOVED Ali. It seemed odd for the face to win the first match of a possible feud, but that was explained later.

The three-way match was a great display by three experienced guys of varying sizes and styles.

The women’s tag match had Shazza McKenzie in a new heel gimmick (a little Simon Dean-ish) and the crowd was HOT. Ringside heel manager had one 200% A-grade mark near me going Full Fark Carlton.

TMDK were isolated to the last two matches, though the first never happened as Mr Juicy was laid out via beer bottle to the head and — the explanation — Cousin Ali came storming in as MCW defender to HUGE support.

Main event was a tag MCW vs TMDK, and delivered not just during the match but afterwards, when the MCW losers almost came to blows in frustration. Dowie James’ promo against MCW champ Elliott Sexton was nuclear, and the crowd (and me especially!) agreed. I loathe Sexton as he’s 1) awfully bland and 2) killed Krakerjak for the title in an unscheduled thirty second match a year ago.

(Kraker didn’t wrestle tonight, but he did play a role in two matches and remains a reason to go to any of these shows.)

I’m just scared that Sexton (a previous TMDK member) will flip to the bad guys next month, and in doing so ruin them.

I’m going to a NOAH show in Korakuen Hall shortly :slight_smile:

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&u=http://www.noah.co.jp/tour_detail.php%3Ftour_id%3D1613&usg=ALkJrhhkjC27MMuvpLCeNAv4JvPvLO8H8g

MITB was an above average PPV

MITB was an above average PPV

Very enjoyable.

I still don’t get the Reigns hate. Never has a bad match. Then again, I still don’t get why he’s not a heel. Dude is a monster with a mean streak. Born to be a bad guy.

Early stages of Cena v Styles was interesting, if a little odd. Cena, the 9 million time champion has wrestled Rock, Michaels, HHH, Undertaker, Orton, Bryan, Angle, Guerrero, Mysterio etc etc - but AJ Styles can run rings around him and slap him around? I don’t buy it, even though I understand they’re trying to make Styles look legit. It just felt like they were telling the wrong story. Then again - new boy taking on established superstar has been done to death, so maybe it’s not a bad idea. Certainly had the crowd invested. Didn’t like the ending though.

And Cesaro’s uppercut train is more ridiculous than The People’s Elbow.

With Cena I like the idea of the champ off his game, though. But we all know the story will just lead to Cena getting his mojo back at AJ’s expense.

If they do the common sense thing, and make Seth/Roman a heel pairing, things could be good. But they won’t. Roman would be a great heel.