The Wrestling Thread

Which would be more interesting if they didn’t pad that match with filler.

More importantly NXT Takeover on Sunday.

Takeover Dallas was better than mania 32.

Also the stage is a giant rollercoaster!

1 Like

Excited is probably overstating things, but I’m interested in 6 of the 13 matches…although a third of those are on the pre-show and only one of the other 4 is in the top 5 matches on the card (Orton/Wyatt).

Lesnar/Goldberg as a match - yeah ok, but there was no need to make it for the title, especially when it meant having a 50yr old part-timer squash Owens like he was James Ellsworth and your end goal is just to have another part-timer win the title, who unless he is going to work the next PPV or lose the belt on RAW, won’t be seen again until August.

Zero interest in watching Vince have Taker put over Reigns in potentially his last match. I don’t watch RAW, but I have no idea why you’d build Strowman up for months, if the end goal was only to feed him to Reigns, have a decrepit Taker easily manhandle him and toss him into the pointless Andre match. Vince wanted Strowman-Taker last year, no idea why you wouldn’t pass the torch that way, rather than give someone who doesn’t need a win another one.

No interest in Vince shoving his son onto the card again, even worse against AJ who ought to have been part of Wyatt/Orton, and even less in Trips once again taking up a spot on a Mania card.

RAW’s best feud was Jericho/KO and I reckon they killed all momentum having him beaten like a chump for the title at Fastlane.

I could see the point of Shane at WM again if he’s going to jump off the roller coaster set but didn’t they just add some stipulation that it had to be a ‘regular’ match? He should be up against Nakamura, or, literally anyone else.

Yeah they made a point of that on SmackDown - AJ explicitly stated that Shane’s jumping through tables won’t mean squat if he got himself counted out afterwards. AJ also had a fair point in his promo when he said that he didn’t think Shane had ever had a normal match - maybe the European Title match he had against X-Pac eons ago, but certainly all the Shane matches you think of (Angle at KOR, Blackman at SummerSlam, Vince at Mania, Test, plus the several DX matches with his father), the ones that haven’t been cell matches have all been street fights, or variations of where count outs and DQs are irrelevant.

I expect they’ll work in his table spot, but unless they’re planning ref bumps or interference to suddenly allow Shane to pull out the VanTerminator and his other few signatures, it is going to very interesting what Styles comes up with, as whilst I enjoyed Shane’s stuff 15 years ago when he was younger, he has always been more stuntman than wrestler.

I feel like this is the signature of current heels. Genuinely justified complaints.

1 Like

You cray cray.

Knowing Vince the people that should and need to win will lose and the people that should lose will win, he hates a predictable event.

Triple H def. Rollins: Expecting Somoa Joe to have a run in here.

Jehrico def Owens: Owens should win, but just like AJ last year Jehrico will win imo. Should be a real good 20 minute classic. Drink it in maaannnnnn,

Charlotte wins: Keeps her PPV good record going. Probably Sasha turns post-match on Bayley.

Cena/Nikki def Miz/Maryse: You think Miz is winning against Cena? No chance. Bigger chance of Cena proposing post-match. Cena is a mega-star and they’ll crush them, with double AA’s each.

Corbin def Ambrose: Should we care? They weren’t even on the go-home Smackdown episode. Unpredictable but in a “who cares” kinda way. Face Ambrose sucks anyway so hopefully he turns soon.

Strowman wins the Andre the Giant Battle Royal: Hopefully they do this, but I can’t shake the nagging feeling they’ll let someone random like Henry win it.

Shane def AJ: I know what you’re thinking, but I have a feeling with this one. Vince will probably be thinking that he won’t want Shane losing two years running and not being a future drawcard, and will add another element of surprise. It’ll probably be via some big spot you’d say.

Uso’s def. Bullet Club?: I don’t even know what the actual match is so I’m guessing.

Taker def. Roman: Roman won’t win, but I’m feeling possibly a Strowman interference at some stage? That way it sets up a fued and possible future Strowman/Taker fued…

Orton def. Bray: I’ve seen Bray lose too many important matches to think that’ll change now, and more so against people that don’t need it whatsoever. Hopefully they get a good amount of time, at least.

Brock def Goldberg: They’ll probably draw it out to around 7-8 minutes. No way in hell Brock isn’t winning.

Cena is ■■■■ ing off after mania for a while and Miz is on the run of his life. Cena winning does nothing but bury the miz

Yeah and? I’m sure Bray & Rusev thought it’d be logical for them to win also.

1 Like

In a meritocracy Miz and AJ would be fighting for the belt. But it ain’t.

Rumours Taker v Reigns will be on last. They can’t help themselves

And Rollins has neumonia!

Just watching Kurt’s HOF speech.

Great stuff

And on a random note, I really wise Reigns would lose the SWAT vest.

The winner of the Royal Rumble should be performing in the final match at Wrestlemania. It doesn’t make sense if it doesn’t end that way.

Best Takeover ever.

1 Like

Main event is an early match of the year contender

Was good but that Tag Team champs match was all time.

1 Like

Just got done watching. That’s up there with the Wrestlemania X-7 TLC match with Dudleys, Hardys, and Edge & Christian as maybe the best I’ve seen. Epic.

Main roster doesn’t deserve DIY/Revival. They’ll get stuck doing 5 minute matches every second week on SmackDown with an ad break.