Things from other countries/cultures we should adopt

Cuba:

Free (and excellent) health care.

Free (and excellent) education.

No advertising anywhere (unless you count Fidel's speeches).

Every big city except Melbourne:

A train to the airport.

Oh, and an airport that functions properly when more than one international flight arrives at the same time.

A train to the airport.
Oh, and an airport that functions properly when more than one international flight arrives at the same time.

Melbourne airports is dogs balls.
All traffic coming in, on any road on any level has to stop for pedestrians. Ridiculous. There's no where to drop off.
Dozens of filthy smokers standing outside every door
Ok, I don't pay for parking, and I get there early I get rock star parking, but I figure it's pricey and hard to get a decent park.
The qantas club there is ■■■■ too.

A train to the airport.

Melbourne airports is dogs balls.
All traffic coming in, on any road on any level has to stop for pedestrians. Ridiculous. There's no where to drop off.
Dozens of filthy smokers standing outside every door
Ok, I don't pay for parking, and I get there early I get rock star parking, but I figure it's pricey and hard to get a decent park.
The qantas club there is **** too.

I've just resigned myself to the fact that every flight I catch will cost another $200 in cab fares unless I can con someone into giving me a lift.

Christmas Markets

Sharia Law.

Helper monkeys

New York slice, dollar hot dogs and slushies on street corners

The Velib public bike sharing system in Paris. Was great getting around on it

They have them in Melbourne but the system is Paris is great.
Our helmet laws make it much less popular than it should be. Who carries a helmet around everywhere?
It's a bit of a shame, I'd certainly use the bikes if I could just show up and grab one without having to bring a helmet.

They are located near 7/11's which stock the helmets for like $2. Also most people leave their helmet with the bike I often walk past them.with like 6 helmets sitting on the bikes. But yes the helmet laws are a pain in the ■■■ for a system like this.
Buffalo Wings.

Handjobs on arrival like they do in Bhutan.

Tipping servers like you do in the USA, cause the service you get here in all but the best places is ■■■■■■■ shithouse by comparison.

Tipping servers like you do in the USA, cause the service you get here in all but the best places is ******* shithouse by comparison.

They get tipped because they get paid the grand sum of about $3 an hour.

Tipping servers like you do in the USA, cause the service you get here in all but the best places is ******* shithouse by comparison.

They get tipped because they get paid the grand sum of about $3 an hour.

But that's why they give good service, the better the service, the better the tip...usually. What I do hate about that system though is that sometimes they are so overbearing and don't know when to leave you alone, like this one time I was in the mall of america in minnesota and decided to stop in at hooters for lunch and a couple of bevvies, well due to the superb service I could hardly walk a straight line when I left there and didn't end up doing much shopping that day.

I think tippings a wank.

Personal ID Card - Makes life so much simpler. You can even use it in lieu of your passport when I return to HK.

Personal ID Card - Makes life so much simpler. You can even use it in lieu of your passport when I return to HK.

Like a driver's licence?

Or a library card?

Like a driver's licence?

Well not everyone has a drivers licence or a library card. Australia is in the minority of countries that don't have an ID Card.

Most of here have traveled a bit (me, I went to Shepparton once) and have seen things or practices that are pretty awesome and should be adopted in Australia.

I like that in American it's a thing that you can turn right (so here it would be left) at a red light provided it's safe to do so. Makes sense.

You can do that in Sydney.. but left.

So if we tip them then their service will get better?

First improve the service, then i'll decide if I want to tip.

So if we tip them then their service will get better?

First improve the service, then i'll decide if I want to tip.

People are clueless about this.

Here, the cost of your meal covers the wages of the servers. So you're paying for the service be it good or bad.

There, the cost of your meal doesn't cover the wages of the servers, so the food is cheaper. The only way the servers get paid is if their service is good, so they are forced to be good. Here servers couldn't give a ■■■■ at being good because they're getting paid regardless.

Go on paying for ■■■■■■ service if you wish, the system in the states is 10x better. How many times do you go into a restaurant here and sit around for 15 minutes before anyone comes to take your drinks order, then you get left sitting around another 15 minutes waiting to take your food order, and then wait another half an hour before the food actually shows up? That ■■■■ doesn't happen over there.