Things yer little uns say

Our 21 month old say sh*t, last week, right after I said it. (He likes to put his frozen rasberries into the bowl before I put the porridge in, and I looked over and it was overflowing with rasberries)

We are officially on notice that we can't get away with it anymore...

My daughter made some beautiful art at childcare for Mothers Day, with a message that would melt all but the hardest of hearts: "I love my Mum because she buys me stuff".

Females learn this ■■■■ very young.

1 Like

Trying to get my 2 year old to say "Go Bombers" every week before I leave to go to the game. He says "Go Daddy" instead. Well, I do try to get them over the line....

took mine (2.5) to the lions game (his first) this year and he insisted on getting a flag. Wont stop saying (yelling actually) "go bombers" now, regardless of who is playing on tv. No training required. Middle name is Fletcher, might have something to do with it.

Do they say Subway or Subway's yet? 

My nearly 3 year old was playing with himself in the bath when he yelled “it’s getting bigger mummy!”. Then said “I like it bigger mummy”. Hmm.

Had my boy in hospital today. The doc was going to take some blood for testing but my little man didn't like the look of the needle being waved around. In an effort to distract him, the nurse was asking him all sorts of questions, eg who's your favourite superhero, what's your favourite tv show, etc. When she asked "what's your favourite colour?" He looked at her flatly and said "Red and Black like the Bombers, of course".

1 Like

My nearly 3 year old was playing with himself in the bath when he yelled "it's getting bigger mummy!". Then said "I like it bigger mummy". Hmm.

went to a kids party over the road where toy story obsessed son charged out with a little cowboy yelling "dad, dad, ive got a little woody!'

10 minutes later he charged out with the full sized version - "dad, dad, ive got a really big woody now!"

'dont play with it too much son'. got a whack in the ribs for that one.

Mum: daddy’s cooking fish, do you want to see?

2.5yo: Oh, hello fish, what are you doing in the oven?

3.30am - 22 month old little miss ivan has had her sleep disturbed by something and has come in with us. her face pressed up against mine, me pretending to be asleep, she gently strokes my cheek with the back of her hand and whispers in my ear "wake up" over and over and over again. needless to say she got sent back to her own bed,

So little wannabe (2 in September) is rambling with a lot of gibberish lately, uninteligible. Actual words he knows are dog, bobo (bobo means cat in our house - we have 2 cats, one is bobo, so anything remotely four legged and furry is a bobo, even cows), duck, blue, moon, ball, car, Buzz... very limited...This morning I get out of the shower and he's helping his mum clean the crayon scribble off his little play table, he looks up and I swear he mumbles "Im not allowed draw, no no no". Blew my mind, still not sure if he said it properly or if it just rhymed with what I thought he said...

Oh, I've been trying to teach him to count, but the only number he knows is 2. Say he's going to jump of something into my arms, I'll count "1, 2, 3". But if he's ready to jump first he'll say "2, 2, 2". Or I'll start counting 1, and he'll follow with 2, then Ill say 3, and then he'll say 2! He'll beg for lollies or crackers and you say "you can only have 1", but he'll immediately counter with 2! And if I tell him to say 1, he'll say 2. It's as frustrating as watching our forward line sometimes, but I can't help but laugh.

This is more along the lines of Things yer littlun's do...

His aunty was looking after him but was suffering from sever gastro (no doubt picked up from the young fella who'd had a light bought the previous day). I come home at lunch to find her writhing in pain on the couch and this :

[URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/andy7710/media/IMG_5001.jpg.html]

[/URL]

So I sweep it up and he dives face first into them...

[URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/andy7710/media/IMG_5002.jpg.html]

[/URL]

No wonder we get sick...

My daughter ’ dad I just wiped a booger on your shirt’

Me ’ hey, don’t do that, it’s pretty disgusting’

Her ’ ok, I will just wipe it on your couch then…’

Me’ actually no, that’s pretty disgusting too, can you go and get a tissue…’

Following day

Her ‘dad, I just wiped ear wax in your shirt…and the couch’

After getting home from a few weeks away for work " I missed you Dad, can I have a chocolate? "

7,30pm the other night playing lego;

dad, can you smell porridge? now lets build a robot.

Trying to get my 2 year old to say "Go Bombers" every week before I leave to go to the game. He says "Go Daddy" instead. Well, I do try to get them over the line....

took mine (2.5) to the lions game (his first) this year and he insisted on getting a flag. Wont stop saying (yelling actually) "go bombers" now, regardless of who is playing on tv. No training required. Middle name is Fletcher, might have something to do with it.

Well my boy has moved beyond "Go Daddy".  Now he shouts "Go Thomas" (his own name), which was rather amusing when I got home last Friday when I switched on the footy and he saw the Essendon team running out onto the ground.  He pointed to the TV and said "look Daddy, football" and then proceeded to shout "GO THOMAS!"

Then last night I got home and was changing out of my work clothes when he wandered in and saw my Essendon jacket hanging up in the closet, pointed at my jacket and gave me another hearty "GO THOMAS"

Can't convince him he's mis-heard and should be yelling Go Bombers.  Moving on to refer to them as Essendon.  We'll see how that goes.

Well my boy has moved beyond "Go Daddy".  Now he shouts "Go Thomas" (his own name), which was rather amusing when I got home last Friday when I switched on the footy and he saw the Essendon team running out onto the ground.  He pointed to the TV and said "look Daddy, football" and then proceeded to shout "GO THOMAS!"

Then last night I got home and was changing out of my work clothes when he wandered in and saw my Essendon jacket hanging up in the closet, pointed at my jacket and gave me another hearty "GO THOMAS"

The Bombers barracked for Thomas as a kid.
1 Like

After getting home from a few weeks away for work " I missed you Dad, can I have a chocolate? "

I quite often get this from my 6-year-old said as one sentence: "Hi Dad, how was work? Can I have your iPad?"

Can't convince him he's mis-heard and should be yelling Go Bombers.  Moving on to refer to them as Essendon.  We'll see how that goes.

Whenever my three old sees football she says "oh Daddyball", when she sees netball "oh Mummyball" and when she sees basketball "oh Harriball" (her sister).
Guess which family members follow/play which sports.

This is more along the lines of Things yer littlun's do...

His aunty was looking after him but was suffering from sever gastro (no doubt picked up from the young fella who'd had a light bought the previous day). I come home at lunch to find her writhing in pain on the couch and this :

IMG_5001.jpg

So I sweep it up and he dives face first into them...

IMG_5002.jpg

No wonder we get sick...

Thats adorable

When LMW was very young, out of the blue and in front of other family memebers, she came out with, "He's a silly ■■■■!"  *big smile*

We didn't react at all, although of course we laughed our arses off privately, and to my knowledge she never used that word again.

It's odd, because we certainly don't use that word...ever, and we'd like to think nobody we know would use that language in a kid's presence.

Who she was copying is a mystery to this day.