Things yer little uns say

My daughter made some beautiful art at childcare for Mothers Day, with a message that would melt all but the hardest of hearts: "I love my Mum because she buys me stuff".

Females learn this **** very young.

Same thing with my now 6 year old daughter. Usual scenario when on the way home from school. This is the ice cream version:
"Dad, can I get an ice cream?"
"Yep, we have some in the freezer at home"
"No, I want one from the shops"
"We don't need to. Already have them at home."

"But, I want to buy another one!"  etc...
It's all about buying, buying, buying. Almost as though the act itself is the main event rather than eating the ice cream.

23 month old little miss ivan version of hot cross buns

hot cross buns

hot cross buns

one a two da penny

hot cross buns

If you have no daughters

give them to me

one a two da penny

hot cross buns

also belongs in the best thing in life are free thread

My daughter made some beautiful art at childcare for Mothers Day, with a message that would melt all but the hardest of hearts: "I love my Mum because she buys me stuff".

Females learn this **** very young.

Same thing with my now 6 year old daughter. Usual scenario when on the way home from school. This is the ice cream version:
"Dad, can I get an ice cream?"
"Yep, we have some in the freezer at home"
"No, I want one from the shops"
"We don't need to. Already have them at home."

"But, I want to buy another one!"  etc...
It's all about buying, buying, buying. Almost as though the act itself is the main event rather than eating the ice cream.

my 23 month old daughter absolutely spagged it at coles the other night when, after i allowed her to tap the pay pass card, the guy behind the counter didn't give her da money (we actually weren't withdrawing cash on this occasion).

My 5yr old daughter has the flu. Woke up in my bed this morning, decent temperature, skin got to touch, headache and sore throat. Rolls over and says “Daddy I’m a bit Hangry”

3 yo grandson wouldn't eat his chicken nuggets because he said they were too hot. Picked one up to blow on it to cool it down and he picked it up and threw it on the floor because I had touched it. I picked it up and ate it upon which he promptly started asking for his chicken nugget back and then said "You spit it out right now Poppy". Told him I couldn't, didn't matter, kept telling me to spit it out for a good minute.

My youngest fella told me this afternoon that from now on I had to call him "The Redback Spider".

I'm not doing it.

1 Like

My kids think that infomercials are real people and more like a documentary or news bulletin.

“Dad, Dad, he’s gonna buy they fry pans again look!”

There is a 5 year old at work, who can read absolutely anything, and seems to absorb everything.

The other week I was sitting with him when he turns and says "When does Sex Tape come out?"

After working out he meant the movie I gave him a random date and left it. We were then talking about Birthdays and I said it had been mine the previous week, he says "Oh, was that the day Sex Tape came out?" I then asked him how he even knew what it was, to which he responded "Oh, I don't know, I just see it on the TV... on the Foxtel movies".

Same kid was talking about all his girlfriends the other day when he named me as one of them.

"I think I'm a little old for you mate"
"That's OK, I'll just marry you when I'm older"

At least someone wants to marry me...

Marketing people should be shot, shouldn't they?

Marketing people should be shot, shouldn't they?

No. Not a good idea at all. 

6 year old lil brother of mine every now and then pleads with me to buy him a ‘Kids Happy Meal’ from Maccas. Always asks for 3 nuggets and chips.

When I drop it off for him, always complains that he doesn’t like the food and takes the toy instead. Every single time. Very cheeky.

I end up eating the food for him :lol:

when i grow up i want to be a doctor or a jelly maker

when i grow up i want to be a doctor or a jelly maker

Both respectable professions :)

My four year old has said this one for a while..."you wanna piece of meat!?" (ie. instead of me)

Its amazing what tv teaches them.

My four year old has said this one for a while..."you wanna piece of meat!?" (ie. instead of me)

Its amazing what tv teaches them.

You should get him to feed the Kookaburras.

Master 4's recent conversation with his grandmother visiting from the US, during dinner at our place:

[grandma had left over some veggies on her plate]

Master 4: "you are not allowed to leave anything over, grandma, the rule is 'if it is on your plate, you have to eat it', that's the rule, grandma."

Grandma: "well, if I don't like it, I don't have to eat it."

Master 4: "yes you do, grandma, daddy and mummy are grown ups, they know better than you... and you're not the boss of this family!"

Son: 1 - Mother in Law: 0

edit: sadly, he did get in a bit of trouble for this - being rude, yada yada, but we gave him a fairly soft landing cos it was so darned hilarious, not to mention appropriate given the MiL's, let's just say, tendencies...

pack of tampons fell on the bathroom floor.

"dad, you stick them right in to stop the bleeding".

awkward.

"have you got a blood nose dad?"

phew.

Daughter to 3 yo grandson, "Would you like to come outside and help me eat some ice-cream?"

Grandsons response, "I'm suuuurrre I can help you eat some ice-cream!"

so, my kids 4 & 7, have taken to replacing the word "taco" for "poo". no idea where its come from.

I ask my daughter where her brother J is? "oh, hes just having a taco Dad" simple!

at first i thought it was a passing fad, but its been a couple of weeks now, and even ive started saying it. although there is the obligatory "dad, if we are going to eat tacos for dinner, you have to say you are eating poo" 

lots of laughs having kids.

My two year old loves phones and loves the Essendon app I have on my phone, always opening it and watching videos.  On the weekend we had it open and watched "The 10" together.  I swear I've not had that much fun watching highlights like that before - every tackle or big mark where players toppled to the ground after greeted with riots of laughter, every goal met with a huge shout of "GOAL".  Geez 2 year olds are fun when they're not in tantrum mode.

1 Like