More on the living room
All the walls had bumpy stuco type render, I had to scrap it all off, that was a nightmare.
The old open fireplace
skirts off woot!!
some of the lard and plaster just would fall off!!!
You see the texture here
Ok all stripped
I did the windows earlier
Kitchen windows back in
time to get some primer on the walls to see how they look after filling and sanding
Walls were skimmed with cornice cement and sanded very messy!!!
when Mum and dad bought the house it had brick fireplace/mantle installed so in 1984 Mum had it removed and more timely mantle installed, evidence of that!!! I had to engrave my name in the wet concrete!!
Ok paint more fill more sand more fill more paint
Restructured the whole under the verandah was done a few before but had to replace some boards
and still working on the verandah at this point
Door to the verandah from the lounge
New heritage light switches throughout the house, yes I put some down lights in with a dimmer, can easily be removed.
Centred the main light as it was centered from the fireplace front which made it look weird in my opinion
New verandah lights may as well get as much electrical work done in one hit.
Rotten boards replaced
About this point I could see the finish, but kept finding divots and small holes, more filling sanding painting
I kept the verandah Antique white to contrast the Diesku ( greyish colour I choose for the house ) and ties in well with the Antique whit trim, did lots of looking and research to see what works and this it what I chose.