Ticketing and seating vs Pies on Thursday 16/2

Anyone think this will sell out for the tickets available? I will be taking a few mates from work and not sure if I should buy the tickets tonight or just rock up… Level 2 would be nice if available.

Just rock up FFS

Normally id just say rock up, but can envisage etihad farking this up with lines to get in etc
farkers

The top deck is never open for pre season games until the bottom 2 decks are full. Nothing new here.

I remember v st kilda 04 wizard cup, top deck was closed then had to be opened up after the bottom 2 decks were fkn chockers.

TBH I’m not sure it will get to that point tomorrow, Thursday night football doesn’t work in Melbourne.

We played the dees on a Thursday in the nab cup back in Hirds first season and I’m not sure there was even 15k despite the ■■■■■■ surrounding his return.

The top deck is never open for pre season games until the bottom 2 decks are full. Nothing new here.

I remember v st kilda 04 wizard cup, top deck was closed then had to be opened up after the bottom 2 decks were fkn chockers.

TBH I’m not sure it will get to that point tomorrow, Thursday night football doesn’t work in Melbourne.

We played the dees on a Thursday in the nab cup back in Hirds first season and I’m not sure there was even 15k despite the ■■■■■■ surrounding his return.

Apparently you are not allowed to orgazm in public on BB (if you can spell that is).

So much for all the fapping …

Looking back, how ■■■■■■ stupid was that three team round robin thing in the first week of the nab cup.

So how much chance is there of getting in with a membership without upgrading? Does anyone know if you can upgrade at the ground?

Is this getting broadcast on TV?

Live on Foxtel

It wouldn’t let me upgrade to get a reserved seat so had to get general admission for $5 which isn’t a killer in the scheme if things… Atleast we will not have to line up which can be frustrating…

Can I attempt to summarise:

• No level 3 seating (unless crowd is ‘yuge’ in that case, they will open it up)
  • $10 for EFC members if reserved seating is wanted on Level 1/2
  • $30 for general public on level 1 only
  • Don’t know what this $5 for (as mentioned by Kj_11)?
Foxtel only

I’m pretty confused.
I guess I can turn up at the ground with my membership ticket then scan it and just walk straight in? But then again maybe I will have to queue at a booth and get a ticket?

• No level 3 seating (unless crowd is ‘yuge’ in that case, they will open it up)

RE the $5, for a member to upgrade to a ticket to guarantee entry it will only cost you $5. Gates open 70 minutes before the bounce so hopefully people will have enough time to get in and find a spot.

RE the $5, for a member to upgrade to a ticket to guarantee entry it will only cost you $5. Gates open 70 minutes before the bounce so hopefully people will have enough time to get in and find a spot.

Okay so if you’re there early you can get in free (using your card), if you want guaranteed entry after seats are filled it’s $5, but if you want a reserved seat it’s $10?

Okay so if you’re there early you can get in free (using your card), if you want guaranteed entry after seats are filled it’s $5, but if you want a reserved seat it’s $10?

I’m not sure what they’d do in the unlikely event it started to fill out but if it makes you feel easier just upgrade for $5 so you’re guaranteed entry and then can choose where to sit. I’m unsure what a reserved seat costs. Ticketmaster and EFC Membership on Twitter will get back to you promptly if you message them.

FMD the peanuts pre purchasing tickets are the reason ticketmaster/ticketek/mcg/etihad think they can get away with pulling ■■■■ like this.

who pre-purchases tickets to a pre-season game. fmd.
If the AFL/Docklands gets their way, everyone.

IT’S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

God, I hate the AFL

FMD the peanuts pre purchasing tickets are the reason ticketmaster/ticketek/mcg/etihad think they can get away with pulling ■■■■ like this.

I’m one of those peanuts and I’m not going to argue with you. Here’s the quote from the EFC website:

Club members with match entitlements will have free entry to the 2017 JLT Community Series matches in which their Club is competing. Members can scan their membership card for free entry into their matches (subject to capacity) or upgrade their membership to a reserved seat or register for a ticket in order to guarantee their entry (subject to availability, upgrade fees may be applicable).

So it’s pretty clear, right? You can scan your card to get in, and let’s face it we won’t get 52,000 so capacity won’t be an issue. So why did I waste $5 plus booking fee on guaranteeing a ticket? Because I’ve seen them stuff people around at those entry gates so many times. I can just imagine getting to the front of the line and swiping my card to find I can’t get in.

HH … “But the Essendon website said I could scan in with my membership card.”
Etihad Nazi … “Go suck a fat one mate, you need to queue up over there and get an entry ticket.”

I know we shouldn’t reward their incompetence, I know I should stand up to them, etc etc.

Having said all that, the EFC site is pretty clear, so if you turn up with just your EFC membership card then you should, and almost certainly will, get in.