Tiwi Bombers - bouncing back

Any chance for promotion of that Tipungwuti wearing #1 for Tiwi? Seems to do well.

Former Melbourne utility and West Perth (clap clap clap) coach Darren Harris?

I enjoyed that game ,except the first and last quarters where they took their foot off the peddle and lost . Is it just me or is the NT footy easier to watch than AFL ? I reckon it is a more free flowing game and highlights the talent of alot of dedicated footballs playing for the love of it ,not necessarily for the money .

when you play in 95% humidity you have 1 effort. Perhaps 2.
So you chase less and tackle less.

But when you have the ball…

So many great story’s of footballers who come from the bush on a weekly bases blowing their match payments on petrol, accom and food!

Isn’t that more or less what everyone spends their money on?

Not to play a game of footy.

Back in 1995 i went to Ularu and on the way back to Alice springs a carload of local footballers had run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere . I gave them my spare 20 litres of fuel to get to the local servo and it might have been 100 plus kms to find one. They were travelling a few hundred miles just to get to their game and pull on the boots. I cant remember who they played for ,but they had bombers jumpers on. The word " Local " to people up that way can mean alot of distance between where they are and where they want to be and the fuel cost just to get to a game would be significant. Then take into account they have to eat and maybe stay overnight after a game and thats where the money can go ,
I spent $1000 in fuel and caravan park fees just driving from melbourne to Ularu ,Alice Springs and back. It ain`t cheap.

Hats off to their dedication and love for the game.

4 Likes

Currently watching the Tiwi Bombers completely dismantle Saint Marys. Geez there’s some mercurial talent in their side. Seems you couldn’t swing a cat w/out hitting a Tippungwuti too, … :smile:

Also, how about a thread title change so this can be the all things Tiwi thread. @theDJR.

Something along the lines of Tiwi B’s troubled no more, … or bouncing back, … ???

2 Likes

I’m watching too!

Dion Munkarra looks like a 50 kg Rolls Royce.

Alastair Darcy looks very classy.

And Adam Tipungwuti, bring him in!

2 Likes

If I changed the title I’d probably be mentioning the PeterPaulAndMarys.

At least that’s how it’s stuck in my head…

2 Likes

Yeah, he really caught my eye too.

Tried to find what height / weight he is (could use a few kegs) , but there doesn’t seem to be any info on the web at all. No profiles, nothing but a few lame looking stats on one page, … which is really poor an the NTFL’s behalf. Perplexed by it really.

Yeah, … but you wouldn’t have to do that,… :smirk: remember the KISS rule Dave. :wink:

Considering our connection to the Tiwi Bombers I wouldn’t mind if the club helped give them a bit more exposure down south

I know Tiwi are smashing them, but gee isn’t good to watch footy that isn’t over engineered or over umpired.

5 Likes

Yes. It wouldn’t be any skin of our nose to promte their upcoming games on the website at least, and even then post the links to the Live and Free games stream on YouToob. Probably wouldn’t take a lot to give them a page with some player profiles etc even.

4 Likes

Now right here is a worthy cause for Blitzers to sponsor. A lot more useful than the ‘sponsoring’ we give to players each year, to be honest.
There are enough willing people here to make an actual difference.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be opposed to having a Tiwi membership addon option when signing up for an Essendon membership

3 Likes

Aussie Wonaeamerri has bulked up since I last saw him during his Melbourne days.

1 Like

This is an old fashioned shellacking

2 Likes

Part of our player sponsorship this season goes to Tiwi Bombers.

3 Likes